Menu
Will you buy your friends and families some tourist souvenirs?
May 4, 2012 01:49
  • BBQQ
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 106 vote(s)
  2. 23 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
It’s weird to ask such a question. However, I really want to hear your answers. Every time I go out for a journey, my mom always tells me to buy some tourist souvenirs for my uncles, aunts and even my best friends. As a matter of fact, I hate buying tourist souvenirs. It’s not because I am stingy. It’s because the tourist souvenirs sold in the scenic areas are expensive but of poor quality. There is no need spending money on these things.

However, my mom told me that my uncles, aunts and my best friends didn’t care about how much I spent buying tourist souvenirs. Instead, they knew that I remembered and cared about them after I sent them tourist souvenirs. It sounds reasonable, right? But I am still unwilling to do it. Sometimes, I buy them some snacks or local specialties, which are better than souvenirs.

Will you buy your families and best friends some souvenirs?
May 4, 2012 04:06
GUEST98484 i love china, China is the best
May 4, 2012 21:45
  • RAINDROP
Snacks and local specialties are very nice. But I won't buy some fake jade stones, rings and bracelets. And I find that the souvenirs are almost the same in the scenic areas.
May 6, 2012 12:38
  • CARLOS
Postcards.

That is one thing I can be happy to have a very tiny family. My friends can be counted with one hand fingers too, so there is no need to buy much souvenirs. Usually I buy souvenirs to my parents and daughters and nowadays to my granddaughters too. Others must be happy to have a postcard.

I really hate buying souvenirs especially when the trip is short. It can easily take a whole day.

Carlos
May 7, 2012 04:02
  • WANHU
Everytime I visit China it should be not less than a week. At least ample time to search a few things as souvenirs to my close friends and family members. Nowadays it's easier to order from Taobao and send to the hotel's reception; arriving there I just repack in my luggage.
Wan
May 7, 2012 21:47
I do not know if you check the souvenirs in different scenic spots carefully. In fact, they all look the same. Most of them are from the same place, Yiwu. I am fed up with these things.

Carlos, postcards are too cheap for Chinese people. If you do not bring them good souvenirs, they might be angry with you.

Wan, it’s really a good idea. Next time I will send the souvenirs directly to my friends.
May 8, 2012 10:06
  • WANHU
I used to buy a few things from Taobao but beware of illegitimate sellers too because my friend used Taobao to buy credits for her mobile until today she waited in vain.
Wan
May 8, 2012 20:25
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I used to buy a few things from Taobao but beware of illegitimate sellers too because my friend used Taobao to buy credits for her mobile until today she waited in vain.
Wan

That's why I prefer to buy thins on other websites in cluding 360buy and new egg China. The quality is guaranteed and I can get the invoice too. Sometimes, I buy stuff at Tmall opened by Taobao. The stores sell certified goods and I can get discounts on some festivals like the Bachelors' Day.
May 9, 2012 08:56
  • WANHU
souvenirs at tourist spots are always expensive, in fact better buy from the supermarket.
Wan
May 9, 2012 22:53
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

souvenirs at tourist spots are always expensive, in fact better buy from the supermarket.
Wan

Haha, souvenirs from Taobao.com are much cheaper. By the way, there are local snacks and specialties in the supermarkets but souvenirs are seldom sold there.
May 10, 2012 02:39
  • WANHU
Maybe not the ones sold near the tourist attractions, but still souvenirs like panda miniature, colourful umbrella, etc. Last two weeks I bought one torch light with extra two rechargeable battery at RMB130 in Shenzhen's famous electronic market of Huaqiang Bei, but street peddlar near Xiaobei in Guangzhou was selling at RMB250.
Wan
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you buy your friends and families some tourist souvenirs?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code