Menu
Would you stop thieves stealing again if you got beaten?
May 28, 2012 03:03
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

So far, I have eaten three kinds of onions judging from their skins. They are red, yellowish and white onions. Red ones are used to make salad. Yellow ones are used to make soups and white ones are fried.

PS: Red onion tastes spicier than yellow and white ones.

Last edited by SUNNYDREAM: May 28, 2012 03:13
May 28, 2012 10:12
  • WANHU
Waaa, you really do research. Sometimes I like to cook. For Thai sour-spicy soup (tomyum) I use yellow onion. Some Chinese do not like the spicy taste but those from Sichuan, they love spicy things.
Wan
May 29, 2012 04:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
Well, it's you who made me do a research on the onion. In fact, I eat white onions more often. I prefer to fry it with eggs.
May 29, 2012 06:22
  • WANHU
White onion cut into rings. Scramble them with eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
Wan
May 29, 2012 23:20
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

White onion cut into rings. Scramble them with eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
Wan

That's exactly how I cook it. But my parents do not like it. The white onions taste a bit sweet after being fried. They don't like its taste. They prefer to eat red onions.

Usually, they cut red onions into rings, put chili powder on them, heat some vegetable oil and then pour hot oil on the onion rings. Then they flavor it with vinegar and salt. It tastes very well.
May 30, 2012 08:57
  • WANHU
I seldom use vinegar for my cooking.
Wan
May 30, 2012 22:38
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

I seldom use vinegar for my cooking.
Wan

Haha, I do not like vinegar too. But it is good for your vessels. I have a colleague who is very fond of vinegar. He adds vinegar almost in everything he eats. Once we ate noodles together, he already told the cook to add more vinegar. When the noodles was presented, he tasted and put more vinegar in his bowl. I was surprised.
May 31, 2012 05:27
  • WANHU
I always careful about vinegar, because some producers use fruits, or nectar from the palm trees, and some will simply produce chemical acetic acid.
Wan
Jun 3, 2012 01:15
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

I always careful about vinegar, because some producers use fruits, or nectar from the palm trees, and some will simply produce chemical acetic acid.
Wan

Well, tropical fruits are too expensive in northern China. And we do have a lot of differences in cooking meals. Salt, vinegar and chili are three necessities to me.
Jun 3, 2012 21:48
  • WANHU
I seldom use salt which is chemically produced except the seawater salt. Vinegar too, should be from fruits or palm nectar. For chili, we have many types of chili. In China there is one type of chili that looks like red date. I thought it was red date they put in one of the Sichuan courses, and I was wrong!
Wan
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Would you stop thieves stealing again if you got beaten?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code