Menu
A British man beaten up after trying to rape a Chinese girl in Beijing
Jun 3, 2012 02:22
  • BOBERT
I have also watched the video. To say it's inconclusive would be a gross understatement. You could construct any scenario you choose building up to what you see in this video. Personally, I see an argument between a western man and a Chinese women who know each other, where the woman pulls the race card and cries rape. I see it as a warning to western men, not Chinese women. I may not be very clever, but if I decided to rape someone I would not choose to do it in a public place with people watching and filming.
Jun 3, 2012 18:40
  • ALEXKID
If the guy was really trying to rape the girl, then he just deserves it. I think there is another video of this guy in the subway, acting "weird" in front of a woman.

However, this video surely sounds like an "anti-laowai propaganda" ... so what? Most of western media point out China as the devil, the main cause of the unemployement, crisis bla bla bla.
Jun 3, 2012 21:54
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

Personally, I see an argument between a western man and a Chinese women who know each other, where the woman pulls the race card and cries rape. I see it as a warning to western men, not Chinese women. I may not be very clever, but if I decided to rape someone I would not choose to do it in a public place with people watching and filming.

Bobert, how could you conclude that they two know each other? I suggest you find a foreigner who can speak Chinese to translate what the girl screamed because you may not believe a Chinese translator.

She cried "不要,不要,救救我。我不认识他。(No, No. Help me! I do not know him". If she knew him, why did she cry and ask for help? Of course, you can say she pretended that she didn't know him.

Do you expect that a drunken could be so sober that he could find a secret place to rape her? Remember that he was drunk.

I felt so sad for those Chinese people who just stood there and watched this bastard raping that girl. Chinese people become cold-hearted today. Why was he filmed? The film is a sound proof in case the British guy denied what he did when he was sober.

Here is the interview. Find someone to translate it for you.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 3, 2012 22:08
Jun 3, 2012 21:59
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALEXKID View Post

If the guy was really trying to rape the girl, then he just deserves it. I think there is another video of this guy in the subway, acting "weird" in front of a woman.<br />
<br />
However, this video surely sounds like an "anti-laowai propaganda" ... so what? Most of western media point out China as the devil, the main cause of the unemploy...

Alex, this not an "anti-laowai propaganda". I have met some good foreigners on this forum. They are nice.

Maybe, We Chinese people think totally different from you foreigners. Like one of the comment said, he saw no rape in this video. But I did see a rape in this video.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 3, 2012 22:01
Jun 3, 2012 22:54
  • SUNNYDREAM
To my knowledge, attempted rapes are not made in crowded places but in secluded spots, giving the assailant the chance to escape. So for me the storey just doesn’t add up.

According to Xiaohong (alias) who was the girl in the video, she met him at the Xuanwumen Subway Station. He pointed at her wrist and she thought he was asking her “What time is it”. Thus, she let him watch his watch and then walked toward south. But she didn’t know that he followed her. When she realized it, this guy carried her to the flower bed and started to touch her breasts and private area. She kept shouting “Help” until someone stopped him and gave him a pasting.

The above is from Fa Zhi Wan Bao, an evening newspaper.

It is said that he once acted indecently towards four or five girls on the subway. This was also reported by the media.

To my knowledge, attempted rapes are not made in crowded places but in secluded spots, giving the assailant the chance to escape. So for me the storey just doesn’t add up.

The girl already said he followed here and carried her into the flower bed. It was a secluded spot until someone came. Plus, he was drunk according to the report. Due to the alcohol, he couldn’t be sober enough to find a more secluded place. (My analysis)

Yes, I do know what the girl started to scream, but only on the approach of onlookers, ‘I don’t know him’. Is that what you would scream if someone was attempting to rape you?

If you listen carefully, she also said “救我,救我。Help me! Help me!” Isn’t it what we say when we are in dangerous situation?

Some people are happy to believe what they are told (to believe) You appear to be one of them.

I just believe what I see. All his actions toward the girl told me that he didn’t tease her but try to rape her.

PS: The one who beat him badly said that he already took down his trousers when he came. Suddenly, he saw someone came and hitched up his trousers.

I am waiting for the Beijing Police to announce their investigation result. But it might not be announced to the public.
Jun 4, 2012 00:52
  • DODGER
Jimmy, I was the one he said that I saw no rape. So from attempted rape, you say you saw a full blown rape. What part of the clip shows that?
And now the girl claim that this man picked her up and carried her to some flowerer bed to have his wicked way, and SD carries on to guess, surmise, assume, that he was so drunk he completely forgot where he was, and consumed by uncontrollable lust, as all foreigners are know to have, started to attempt to have his way.
But wait! There’s more…..the bloke and his mates who beat the living crap out of this bloke claim he was laying on top of her with his pants around his ankles, but when this drunk; who remember according to Sunnydream, had no idea where he was, realized that someone was approaching, and while still laying on top of the girl pulled up his pants……..just before the cameras started to roll.
But unless a witness steps forward to corroborate her side of the storey , it remains circumstantial evidence at most.
But as there’s a bounty on Laowai’s heads for the next couple on months, anything is possible.
A great storey however that seems to have served its purpose.
Cheers, Dodger.
Jun 4, 2012 01:33
  • JIMMYB
Dodger,

So what do you think was this British guy doing in the video? Why did the girl scream “I don’t know him. Help! Help!”?

A great storey however that seems to have served its purpose.

For what purpose?
Jun 4, 2012 06:01
  • DODGER
Jimmy,
Let me first state that I do not defend or condone acts of public drunkenness or bad behavior in any form, particularly from foreigners in China. As I am one, I find this type of behavior extremely embarrassing from a personal point of view.
I would also hope that my opinions are not seen in any way as being ant Chinese as some people do have a problem separating criticism of an act to criticizing an entire population.
The foreigner in the video clip looks drunk and appears to be behaving badly. So he’s guilty on two counts. He looks like a football hooligan, who I detest, but I don’t judge people by their looks, clothes or colour.
Apart from that I have no idea what the man or the women were doing before they both fell into the flowerbed, and neither does anyone else. If the girl was abducted/carried from the subway station there should be plenty of surveillance footage available.

The launch of this clip did, in my opinion serve as the start of the ‘hate foreigners for 100 days ‘campaign. It was successful. Why not carry it on for the entire year?
After all, we are over paid, over sexed and over here. Everybody knows that.

Cheers, Dodger.
Jun 4, 2012 21:55
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

The launch of this clip did, in my opinion serve as the start of the ‘hate foreigners for 100 days ‘campaign. It was successful. Why not carry it on for the entire year?
After all, we are over paid, over sexed and over here. Everybody knows that.

Cheers, Dodger.

Dodger,

I checked all related news on the internet carefully. It's said that this guy 'disturbed' four ladies on the subway line 2 and one of the victims was the girl in the video. I can not ensure that this is true.

By the way, Beijing police started such a campaign because of this incident. They do not aim at all foreigners. But those illegal foreigners should be 'cleaned'. If there should be someone who should be blamed for, that would be this British guy. His 'inappropriate and bad behavior' humiliates his own country and get all foreigners involved.

Anyway, I will keep my eyes on this incident and wait for the investigation result.

Jun 10, 2012 01:58
  • WANHU
Sometimes people just jump the gun, without having beyond reasonable doubt.
Wan
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A British man beaten up after trying to rape a Chinese girl in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code