Menu
Beverage = water + food additives?
Jul 5, 2012 02:31
  • SUNNYDREAM
I see, Wan. You are very kind. Probably, I will go to HK and taste dim sum some day.
Jul 8, 2012 10:50
  • WANHU
I saw dimsum on sale at the Window of the World, but it's not the same. The ticket entrance to WoW now is RMB160, and I won't be going there anymore.
Wan
Jul 9, 2012 01:53
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I saw dimsum on sale at the Window of the World, but it's not the same. The ticket entrance to WoW now is RMB160, and I won't be going there anymore.
Wan

Many secnic areas have increased their admission fees. Meanwhile, they are seeking a way to go public. In this way, they can get more money.
Jul 10, 2012 20:23
  • WANHU
Well Sunnydream, increasing RMB40 for each ticket is quite high.
Wan
Jul 10, 2012 21:59
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Well Sunnydream, increasing RMB40 for each ticket is quite high.
Wan

We tourists thought it was tooooo high but the scenice spots don't think so. They always have excuses to raise the ticket prices.
Jul 13, 2012 05:18
  • WANHU
Less people will go. I definitely won't go there anymore.
Wan
Jul 14, 2012 22:40
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Less people will go. I definitely won't go there anymore.
Wan

I hope that fewer and fewer people will go but the fact is there are more and more people who prefer to pay for the high admission fees. You know, there are too many people in China.
Jul 20, 2012 23:45
  • WANHU
I know Sunnydream, most of them from other provinces, besides foreigners. In Malaysia too, some tourist attractions, like Bird Park and Butterfly Park charge differently for foreigner and quite high too although not as high as China. Butterfly Park for example, for local is RMB20 (MYR10) and for foreigner is RMB60 (MYR30). One several occasions I brought some foreign friends there and bought tickets meant for locals because they are not rich, just like me, poor old man.
Wan
Jul 22, 2012 21:47
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

That's a good policy. Unfortunately, most scenic areas in China charges the same for Chinese and foreigners. My friend who came to visit Thailand told me that some attractions offered two kinds of tickets. If the visitors are foreigners, they charge them more money. If the visitors are Thais, they pay a little or visit the attraction for free. I asked him what if the foriengers found out they paid more money. He told me that many foreign visitors didn't understand Thai.
Jul 23, 2012 09:42
  • WANHU
No, the foreigners know. For example visiting Wat (Temple) Pho (where the reclining Buddha is), foreigner needs to pay THB20 (RMB4) and not for Thai people. Not far from the temple, in the same compound, you can visit the Academy of Thai Massage.
Wan
Page 5 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beverage = water + food additives?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code