Menu
Beverage = water + food additives?
Jul 24, 2012 22:35
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

No, the foreigners know. For example visiting Wat (Temple) Pho (where the reclining Buddha is), foreigner needs to pay THB20 (RMB4) and not for Thai people. Not far from the temple, in the same compound, you can visit the Academy of Thai Massage.
Wan

Really? Do they complain to the local tourism bureau?
Jul 25, 2012 03:09
  • WANHU
Complain? They never and shouldn't, Sunnydream. It's well written at the collecting booth that provides the receipt.
Wan
Jul 25, 2012 21:51
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Complain? They never and shouldn't, Sunnydream. It's well written at the collecting booth that provides the receipt.
Wan

Ok. I suggest China adopts the same measure. Then the scenic areas won't increase the admission fees quickly.
Jul 28, 2012 12:39
  • WANHU
This only for a few temples in Bangkok, including the Grand Palace. Other temples are free to visit (in Bangkok). In Chiangmai to visit Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, if you use the elevator then you need to pay.
Wan
Jul 29, 2012 22:46
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

This only for a few temples in Bangkok, including the Grand Palace. Other temples are free to visit (in Bangkok). In Chiangmai to visit Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, if you use the elevator then you need to pay.
Wan

I see. In the US, many places are open for free. Some just charge visitors very little money. However, most famous scenic areas in China charge the visitors too much. The only good news is that many museums are open for free.
Aug 2, 2012 05:43
  • WANHU
That's good news. In many countries, one needs to pay to visit museums. I used to visit the famous Topkapi museum in Istanbul, and I think I paid more than 1 million Turkish Lira.
Wan
Aug 6, 2012 01:43
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

That's good news. In many countries, one needs to pay to visit museums. I used to visit the famous Topkapi museum in Istanbul, and I think I paid more than 1 million Turkish Lira.
Wan

Wan,

Some museums are not as good as we thought. They collect treasures together in a special area. If you want to see the treasures, you need to pay the admission fees.

Aug 7, 2012 03:40
  • WANHU
In Topkapi Museum I saw a sedan chair made of pure gold.
Wan
Aug 8, 2012 21:59
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

In Topkapi Museum I saw a sedan chair made of pure gold.
Wan

I remember that I saw terra cotta warriors in Shaanxi Provincial Museum last time I visited Xian. But I am not sure if they are real. Many museums display replicas.
Sep 8, 2012 07:06
  • WANHU
That is what great about China, they can produce replicas like original.
Wan
Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beverage = water + food additives?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code