Menu
Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
Jun 11, 2012 09:34
  • WANHU
The term "family estate" probably means the wealth accumulated by his family and not by him alone. Would we sell what our family has worked for, just to meet our dream(s)? 8 million Yuan is not a small amount.
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 22:27
  • SUNNYDREAM
Wan,

There are some brave guys who ride bikes to Tibet. They bring tools to mend their bikes in case their bikes were broken.

Anyway, we just heard them from the newspaper. These guys might be capable to mend their recreational cars.
Jun 12, 2012 02:48
  • WANHU
Dear Sunnydream, would you spend that much for your dream vacation?
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 01:20
  • LAUGH
It is always for me to spend less than quarter of my bank account for travel.
Jun 20, 2012 12:16
  • WANHU
Laugh, sometimes you may be able to travel with less than that. Try to provide good itinerary, and send to your friends. Should they be interested you can book flight tickets, hotel rooms, ground transport, as well as food. You can provide a package for them with additional 5% for your small profit. Thus you can travel "cheaper".
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 21:51
Wan,

It's not a good idea to make money from your friends. To keep your friendship, do not talk about money to them.
Jun 21, 2012 01:45
  • WANHU
Yes dear Lonely you may have your opinion. Usually a travel agent will charge for Guangzhou business trip at RM2400 for 5 days 7 nights fullboard, and I'd provide my friends RM2500 Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou, 7 days and 7 nights at RM2500, fullboard with ala carte food which they can't find anywhere with this kind of offer. They have the options whom to choose. In fact I'm helping them to save some money for their travel, and I'm doing this almost like my part time job.

It's not about treating friends for lunch, Lonely. It's something I need to take leave, go to the embassy to apply for visa, and the money we have to spend on runner(s). To me it's good business for friends and for me too.
Wan
Jun 21, 2012 16:21
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan,

It's not a good idea to make money from your friends. To keep your friendship, do not talk about money to them.

Do you mean if you are a restaurateur when friends go to your establishment you'd be giving them free food? Business is business, dear Lonely, be they friends or even foes. But of course friends will have a better deal. We have to eat our dinners too.
Wan
Jun 21, 2012 22:51
  • RAINDROP
Yes, it is ok if we take it as part of our job. Traveling with friends or in a group can reduce cost anyway.
Jun 22, 2012 07:01
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Yes dear Lonely you may have your opinion. Usually a travel agent will charge for Guangzhou business trip at RM2400 for 5 days 7 nights fullboard
Wan

Should be 5 days 4 nights
Wan
Page 4 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code