Menu
Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
Jul 5, 2012 01:23
Wan,

Different people have different views. To me, I never make money from my friends. If possible, I will make out the itinerary voluntarily and ask my friends to travel with me. We share the cost and have fun together.
Jul 5, 2012 18:49
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan,

Different people have different views. To me, I never make money from my friends. If possible, I will make out the itinerary voluntarily and ask my friends to travel with me. We share the cost and have fun together.

Then you have to identify the meaning of friends. There are pen-friends, close friends, neighbours as friends, colleagues, etc. Some have friends all over the world. I do not look at definition of friends with limitations but rather I identify them people I know and I respect. The antonym of friend is foe or enemy. Thus in English term, someone not my foe is my friend. For close friends and family members we do not make profits nor talk about money. How about other friends?

Wan
Jul 8, 2012 23:08
  • RAINDROP
Yes Wan, I agree with you.

In China, when we say friends, it, in most cases, means 'close friends'. Otherwise, we may add a word before it, such as general, seldom-contacted ~
Last edited by RAINDROP: Jul 8, 2012 23:08
Jul 10, 2012 12:25
  • WANHU
Thanks Raindrop.
Wan
Jul 11, 2012 22:51
Wan,

To me, I just have close friends. Thus, I never borrow money from them. But I will give them a hand if they are in trouble.

Once my best friend's wallet was stolen and I just left CNY 500 and withdrew the rest of money at my bank account and gave it to him. You may not know that we just started our first job after three months. I remembered that I was a trainee and just earned CNY 600 at that moment. And he was assigned to work in Indonesia very soon. Me and another friend did our best to gather nearly CNY 2000 and gave it to him.

One year later, he came back for a one-month journey. He brought us some gifts and returned the money we lent to him.
Jul 12, 2012 20:56
  • WANHU
That kind of friend lonely, you can bring home. There are friends that you can only bring at your doorstep.
Wan
Jul 15, 2012 21:13
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

That kind of friend lonely, you can bring home. There are friends that you can only bring at your doorstep.
Wan

Haha, people I can bring at my doorstep are not my friends. Maybe, I just make friends with those I can bring home.

Last Saturday, I got up very early and went to appreciate lotus flowers. And I took some photos of them. I will upload some as soon as I can.
Jul 17, 2012 03:04
  • WANHU
Lonely, how's the travel with the motor home? Have they gone out of China?
Wan
Jul 17, 2012 20:43
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Lonely, how's the travel with the motor home? Have they gone out of China?
Wan

Didn't find any update about them. The previous news said they had a Weibo account. I will search them and see if I can find their account. If so, I may get some updates.
Jul 18, 2012 12:33
  • WANHU
I'm just thinking, Lonely, if they are still in China, then can they make to 60 countries in 440 days? It's already 2 months since they arrived Xi'an.
Wan
Page 5 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dare you sell all your family estate to travel round the world?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code