Menu
Graduation season is coming!
Jul 10, 2012 13:28
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan,

You never told me that you were an excellent student. Giving speech to a thousand of students is a great honor. My great honor in my school life is giving speech to all the students (probably 500 in all) in my middle school under Chinese national flag and being selected as one of the 'three-good students' in my city.

I was never an excellent student, Lonely. Maybe they found me by accident because no one dared to climbed the rostrum in the stadium where the dignitaries sat. Later years, I shared some tips on public speaking with public officers of the government when I was attached with the Public Administration Institute of Malaysia.
Wan
Jul 11, 2012 22:23
Haha, you are very brave. I tell you secretly that I trembled when I was giving the speech. I was very nervous at that moment.
Jul 18, 2012 22:20
  • WANHU
"Stage fright" is normal, Lonely.
Wan
Jul 24, 2012 02:40
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

"Stage fright" is normal, Lonely.
Wan

But I am stil nervous today. Is this normal?
Jul 31, 2012 16:43
  • WANHU
We have stage fright all the time especially we are not used to speaking in the public. The larger the audience the worrier we become.
Wan
Jul 31, 2012 22:02
Quote:

We have stage fright all the time especially we are not used to speaking in the public. The larger the audience the worrier we become.<br />
Wan

Wan, I still remember my first oral English presentation in college. I stood on the stage and there were 60 students in front of me. I was nervous and trembling. My T shirt was wet because I sweated a lot. I could feel that my voice was trembling. Some classmates laughed at me during the break because they saw my sweaty T-shirt.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Jul 31, 2012 22:03
Aug 7, 2012 02:24
  • WANHU
Still better than one office in my office, Lonely. Every new officer will introduce himself during the monthly assembly. This girl, when came to her turn, took a medical leave.
Wan
Aug 8, 2012 01:55
Quote:

Still better than one office in my office, Lonely. Every new officer will introduce himself during the monthly assembly. This girl, when came to her turn, took a medical leave.
Wan

Really? Are you sure that she took medical leave as an excuse? Maybe, she was ill.
Aug 8, 2012 19:48
  • WANHU
In the end, her time came, and she read the script I provided for her.
Wan
Aug 12, 2012 04:18
Quote:

In the end, her time came, and she read the script I provided for her.
Wan

What? You wrote scripts for her? It is a pity that she missed a good opportunity to introduce herself to her colleagues. Well, sometimes people like her is not liked by others in the office. You are shy and nervous but other people may think that you scorn to make friends with them.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Graduation season is coming!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code