Menu
Empty slogan!
Aug 28, 2012 21:40
  • RAINDROP
'Though bitter, we could not be bitter to the children; though poor, we could not be poor on education'. See the slogan on the wall of a Chinese rural school. A good slogan but empty talk, the kids are still provided poor education. Meanwhile, recently, it was reported that some officials from Zhejiang Province spent over RMB50000 (about USD 9000) on one shark fin meal and the bill went to taxpayers. Shame on those so-called officials!

Last edited by RAINDROP: Aug 28, 2012 21:43
Sep 2, 2012 22:11
Slogan is slogan! Sooner or later, people will forget about it. The officials have the capability to solve the problem, but they won't.
Sep 3, 2012 22:11
  • WANHU
Not empty slogan, it's just a slogan.
Wan
Sep 5, 2012 10:29
  • VANESSAZHONG
It's a common phenomena in some remote areas.
Sep 6, 2012 22:53
  • RAINDROP
To the children, it is an extravagant promise. I feel sad about it.
Sep 7, 2012 21:24
  • VANESSAZHONG
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

To the children, it is an extravagant promise. I feel sad about it.

It's really sad. Have you heard the news happened in Macheng, Hubei? The students there need to prepare their own desks before they go to school. The local government says they don't have money on it after this news is reported.
Sep 10, 2012 22:33
  • WANHU
China is big. A small country like mine, school and education falls under the jurisdiction of Federal Government. State and local governments will receive funds accordingly. We have IDs, birth certificates and in China they have Hukous. This will enable the authority to plan the number of students in their locality to prepare for the obligatory basic facilities.
Wan
Sep 19, 2012 21:15
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Not empty slogan, it's just a slogan.
Wan

I say empty because what they do is not in accordance with what they say in the slogan. What happened in Macheng is a good example to elaborate my words.

I googled related news. Around 3000 students have to bring their own desks to study in school. Some desks were used by their parents. 20 years later, their kids still use their parents' desks.

In reactions, the local government said that they had no money to buy desks. Really? They have money to build their official buildings like "White House" but they don't have money to buy new desks for the children.

Thanks to the media, the local government finally squeezed some money to buy new desks. So far, many of the 3000 students already have new desks.

Sep 20, 2012 03:13
  • WANHU
A slogan is some words written on it that people never walk their talk. So to me, a slogan is always empty, that's why I said, it's a slogan rather than an empty slogan.
Wan
Sep 23, 2012 02:01
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

A slogan is some words written on it that people never walk their talk. So to me, a slogan is always empty, that's why I said, it's a slogan rather than an empty slogan.
Wan

Ok, I got it Wan.
Sep 24, 2012 08:58
  • WANHU
Anyway, education is very important and it should start from young. Instead of spending millions on international sports, the money should be channelled for these young students by providing them basic infrastructure. I agree with you Lonely.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Empty slogan!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code