Menu
How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Apr 9, 2013 02:24
  • BBQQ
Wan,

As I know, not all Chinese hotels are qualified to accommodate foreigners. They have to get the license. Some hotels can accommodate both Chinese people and foreigners. But they do accommodate in separate area.
Apr 9, 2013 02:27
  • BBQQ
I have no offense but some Chinese people take care of foreigners much better than Chinese. Did you remember that Japanese guy who lost his bike in Wuhan? The police did their best and finally found his bike. I lost my laptop at the KFC two years ago. I reported my loss to the police. They just recorded my loss and I received no update from them.
Apr 17, 2013 19:50
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

Wan,

As I know, not all Chinese hotels are qualified to accommodate foreigners. They have to get the license. Some hotels can accommodate both Chinese people and foreigners. But they do accommodate in separate area.

I used to stay in one of the hotels that meant only for Chinese with China ID cards. Funny thing is, the signage is in English but none of the workers could speak English.

Wan
Apr 17, 2013 19:51
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

I have no offense but some Chinese people take care of foreigners much better than Chinese. Did you remember that Japanese guy who lost his bike in Wuhan? The police did their best and finally found his bike. I lost my laptop at the KFC two years ago. I reported my loss to the police. They just recorded my loss and I received no update from them.

Maybe laptop is not easy to locate or identify.
Wan
Apr 18, 2013 04:10
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Maybe laptop is not easy to locate or identify.
Wan

Wan,

The bike is not easy to locate too. Wuhan is a big city. By the way, my laptop is more expensive than ordinary bikes. It cost me nearly 7000 yuan.
Apr 22, 2013 14:32
  • WANHU
Personally I think laptop too small to notice as everyone has his own. I lost my camera once, and it's not cheap either, Canon D5 Mark II, but I was fortunate because I insured the camera.
Wan
Apr 23, 2013 01:48
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Personally I think laptop too small to notice as everyone has his own. I lost my camera once, and it's not cheap either, Canon D5 Mark II, but I was fortunate because I insured the camera.
Wan

Dear Wan,

The laptop is smaller than a bike. But it shouldn't be the reason why they ignore me. Anyway, I bought a new laptop but didn't insure it. Now I have been using it for four years. I am not sure if any insurance company in China is willing to do laptop insurance.

The laptop isn't what I cared most. The data stored in the disk means a lot to me.

Wan, Canon 5D Mark II is a good camera.
Apr 25, 2013 19:20
  • WANHU
I used to take pictures for book publishing before, and we don't use slides (positive films) like in the old days. Good camera helps a lot in good production of image. Mark III is too expensive for me, and I'm not in that line anymore. I have another Canon though, 60D but can't use it anymore except video streaming because it has exhausted its shutter count, need to reset the shutter count.
Wan
Apr 25, 2013 21:13
  • BBQQ
60D but can't use it anymore except video streaming because it has exhausted its shutter count, need to reset the shutter count.

Is there something wrong with the shutter? If so, I think you need to replace the old one with a new one. The shutter count isn't a big deal. The Canon after sales service can reset quickly.

I guess that you use 60D too frequently. Otherwise, its shutter count won't reach its limit.

Wan, I wouldn't use a DSLR to shoot videos if I were you. The cmos sensor can be badly affected. The direct result is that many noises appear on your pictures.
Apr 26, 2013 17:00
  • WANHU
It's not about the Cannon outlet can't reset the shutter release, but it's quite costly. How much does it charge in China?

Wan
Page 5 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code