Menu
How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Jun 26, 2013 02:54
  • BBQQ
Wan,

It seems that you have many cameras. Are you a fan of photography?
Jun 30, 2013 11:18
  • WANHU
Once I used to be interested in photography but didn't pursue as in those days, films (both negative and positive) were very expensive, thus it was an expensive hobby. I still remembered the then Dean of Faculty of Photography from one of the public universities in Malaysia reminded the students not to venture into photography if we are not serious.
Wan
Jul 1, 2013 21:30
Wan,

DSLR has been popular these days. We can use them to take pictures. We needn't spend money buying films and develop them. I am pretty sure that films will disappear soon. Kodak even goes broke.
Jul 7, 2013 01:05
  • WANHU
Kodak is just one of the famous brands, Lonely. In those days, there are other brands that produced films for camera besides Kodak, such as Agfa, Fuji, Konika. Well then I suppose people are used to the pioneer brand, such as Kodak for the film, Colgate for toothpaste, Xerox for photocopying, Aji-no-moto for MSG, etc.
Wan
Jul 9, 2013 03:34
Wan,

It's a trend that films will be replaced by DSLR. The photo studios here almost stop developing flims. It's expensive to have your own But the flims have some advantages that DSLR never have. I don't know how expensive to to build a darkroom in person. I just think that some enthusiasts might spend some money doing this.
Jul 10, 2013 15:44
  • WANHU
To build a darkroom is not expensive as any room can do but to have own enlarger, and other equipment probably will burn my pocket.
Wan
Jul 10, 2013 22:45
  • RAINDROP
Lonely,

Probably that's why so many people say "Photography can ruin your life. A DSLR will make you poor all your life." DSLR bodies are not expensive. The lenses are too expensive.
Jul 11, 2013 01:41
  • WANHU
buy non-branded ones or just a standard lens.
Wan
Jul 11, 2013 03:54
Raindrop,

I have a DSLR (Nikon D90 and nikkor 18-105 lens). I want to buy some lenses, macro lens, telephoto lens and prime lens. Even I choose the cheapest ones, I need more than CNY 10000. Thus, I convince myself that I have to improve my shooting skills. There are some people who take amazing photos with 18-105 lens. I should learn from them.

Wan,

Good lenses are expensive. It's no doubt. The cheaper ones don't have top qualities. If you pay one penny, you get what's worth one penny. If you pay 10 pennies, you get what's worth ten pennies. It's the rule that works on buying lenses.
Jul 11, 2013 12:02
  • WANHU
Lonely, the problem is in China you pay 10 pennies but you get lenses that worth 2 pennies. Just look at 5D Mark III (Canon) in Mainland China and compare the price in HK. So far, from my travel in various parts of China, HK, Macao and even Thailand, I'd prefer to buy DSLR cameras in Malaysia, anytime.
Wan
Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How much can you eat in a cafeteria?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code