Menu
Do you know 45-day chickens?
May 28, 2013 02:55
  • RAINDROP
Dear Wan,

I borrowed nearly 2000 RBM from my friend once. I kept my promise and returned it back on time.
May 30, 2013 17:00
  • WANHU
When I was a student I have a lot of money. So I never borrowed money from others.
Wan
Jun 3, 2013 21:19
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

When I was a student I have a lot of money. So I never borrowed money from others.
Wan

Wow, you must be from a wealthy family. Did you indulge yourself when you were a student?

My parents are ordinary people. They borrowed money to support me to study in college. So I didn't have spare money to burn.
Jun 15, 2013 19:49
  • WANHU
Not wealthy dearest Raindrop. I am from a poor family but I made business by selling anything that could be sold. I used to sell hand-woven calligraphic writings on fabric, and sold them to the registrar office as memento. I designed pendants and sold them to those who were interested. I supplied books to other students where I got 25% from the book distributors. Thus my brothers and sisters wouldn't be burdened for my studies.
Wan
Jun 16, 2013 21:56
  • RAINDROP
Sorry, you supported yourself to finish college education. My respect to you! I just worked as tutor in summer vacation to earn small money as my monthly living expenses.
Jun 17, 2013 13:04
  • WANHU
It's a hard life, Raindrop. My eldest brother's income was RMB250 to support 10 of us, he is our eldest and he is also like our second dad after my father's demise. I couldn't let him bear all the burden and costs of my studies. Later, I won the state scholarship and being paid RMB180 per month with free food, lodging and tutorial. With this meagre capital, I started to make business. In those days SLR camera were cheap in Singapore, so I went to Singapore to buy good SLR cameras and brought them back to Malaysia which I sold at an extra 30% from its original price.
Wan
Jun 17, 2013 22:40
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

SLR in Singapore is sold cheaper than HK and mainland China? If so, you might help me get one in Singapore, heh.
Jun 24, 2013 02:53
  • WANHU
Now Malaysia sells better and cheaper. I have seen prices in Shenzhen and Hong Kong and they can't compete with prices in Malaysia.
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 01:43
  • RAINDROP
I have a nikon digital camera. It was made in Indonesia. Nikon must have a factory there. Are there any camera factories in Malaysia?
Jun 25, 2013 11:54
  • WANHU
I'm not sure about well branded cameras but there are some local brands. Most companies in Malaysia are just major distributors supply CBU. Anyway renowned brands can be produced anywhere, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Japan, etc.
Wan
Page 6 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you know 45-day chickens?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code