Menu
What do you think of the zebra crossings?
Jan 6, 2013 03:11
  • BBQQ
I am a bit confused when I see it. Is it safe for the pedestrian?

Last edited by BBQQ: Jan 6, 2013 03:14
Jan 9, 2013 13:55
  • DAVEC
Zebra crossings are everywhere here in the west. It is an everyday thing for us, just walk to the edge of the pavement and wait a moment while the cars stops for you to safely walk over the road. At least thats the theory.

I saw them in France once and tried the same, cars just raced past at full speed, they dont care about pedestrians
Jan 9, 2013 20:10
  • BBQQ
I am confused if the green lights turn on and the cars turn left. In China, cars can turn left when the passengers cross the roads after the green lights turn. Every time I cross the road, I have to make sure that I won't get hit by the cars.

In HK or some other places, passengers can hit the button to make the green lights on if they want to cross the road. Why not mainland China learn to equip this kind of traffic lights?
Jan 12, 2013 11:55
  • WANHU
No point of putting more crossing when motorists ignored the signs. In Shenzhen for example, along the busy Huaqiang Bei road, almost all motorists and pedestrians ignored the crossing lights.
Wan
Jan 12, 2013 22:02
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

In Shenzhen for example, along the busy Huaqiang Bei road, almost all motorists and pedestrians ignored the crossing lights.
Wan

This is Chinese people's style of crossing the roads. They never look at the traffic signals. As long as they can form a 'team', they walk across the road together. All vehicles are forced to stop.
Jan 17, 2013 20:50
  • LAUGH
The power ability of a group is inapproachable! Yes, team work!
Jan 18, 2013 21:44
  • RAINDROP
It seems that car drivers are getting well-behaved due to the new traffic regulations in China.
Jan 20, 2013 03:37
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

It seems that car drivers are getting well-behaved due to the new traffic regulations in China.

The new traffic regulations make the drivers feel nervous, especially the yellow light rule.
Jan 25, 2013 23:06
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

This is Chinese people's style of crossing the roads. They never look at the traffic signals. As long as they can form a 'team', they walk across the road together. All vehicles are forced to stop.

In Niu Jie, the light turned green for the pedestrians to cross but the motorist seemed not to bother the light especially those from the left side. I was trying to cross the road to the supermarket and one speeding car almost missed me by inches.
Wan
Jan 27, 2013 01:08
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

In Niu Jie, the light turned green for the pedestrians to cross but the motorist seemed not to bother the light especially those from the left side. I was trying to cross the road to the supermarket and one speeding car almost missed me by inches.
Wan

Take care, buddy. We are not as strong as the motor car. When I cross the zebra crossing, I turn around my head and make sure that it is safe to go. Sometimes, crazy drivers may appear immediately even though you make sure that it is safe to go.
Jan 28, 2013 12:06
  • WANHU
I learnt my lesson, dear Raindrop. After that incident I'd try to cross the road/street in group.
Wan
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of the zebra crossings?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code