Menu
It’s not a matter of banana and apple.
Jan 13, 2013 03:05
  • CHERRY07
20130104 was really an auspicious day. In Chinese, it symbolizes ‘Yi Sheng Yi Shi (be together for ever)’. Many lovers go to the Chinese Civil Affairs Bureau to register for marriage. I read from the internet that some young lovers got up at 04:00 and queued up in front of the bureau for marriage registration.

That day, some lovers become a couple for love. Some lovers become a couple for excitement or impulse. Those who married for excitement or impulse have already suffered.

Mr. Luo and Miss Xu had been together for two years. They held their wedding ceremony at the end of 2012 but they didn’t register for their marriage. They waited for the arrival of 20130104. That day, it snowed heavily in Hangzhou. They came to the local Civil Affairs Bureau against the snow and registered their marriage.

Four days later, they came to the Civil Affairs Bureau again. This time, they requested to divorce. What happened to them?

In the evening of January 7, 2013, Luo and Xu took a walk outside after dinner. On their way home, they stopped at a fruit shop. Luo wanted to buy some bananas but Xu insisted on buying some apples. Neither of them gave in. Finally, they came home with a bag of bananas.

Xu felt sad and thought Luo changed so fast. Before getting married, he did everything to please her. After getting married, he didn’t care about her feelings. In the evening of January 6, she quarreled with her mother-in-law. Luo didn’t comfort her but took side with his mom. “It is my mom who raise me up. Whom else should I obey if I didn’t obey my mom?”, said Luo.

"It’s not a matter of banana and apple. He doesn’t care about my feelings anymore.”, Xu told herself. Consequently, they requested to divorce. Luckily, the staff at the Civil Affairs Bureau didn’t stamp on their marriage certificates immediately. Instead, they persuaded them to reconsider their divorce.
Jan 13, 2013 05:08
GUEST19151 I guess they were immature children not ready for marriage.
Jan 13, 2013 21:48
  • BBQQ
Lucky Day didn't bring them good luck. The most important factor is that they two never thought about their marriage seriously. If both sides were not prepared for getting married, they shouldn't have registered their marriage.

Here is another factor. Young Chines people have been spoiled by their parents. They care themselves much more than others (including their parents and lovers). That's why the girl complained that her husband didn't care about her feelings. But did she care about his husband's feelings? No.

I can't understand why they felt angry over buying apple and banana. Why didn't they buy some apples and bananas together? It's not a big deal. If the husband didn't buy apple for her, why didn't she buy some on her own?

As a wise wife, she never starts war against her mother-in-law. If the war starts, her hsband will be put into dilemma. Whom should he help? Think about it!
Jan 23, 2013 22:24
  • WANHU
Find neutral ground, buy oranges. Haha. Happy prosperous New Year to everyone!
Wan
Jan 23, 2013 23:54
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Find neutral ground, buy oranges. Haha. Happy prosperous New Year to everyone!
Wan

Both don't oranges. Otherwise, they would agree to buy some. The girl can buy some bananas for the boy. In return, the boy buy some apples for the girl. Both will be happy.
Jan 25, 2013 22:43
  • WANHU
BBQQ, it shows how fragile the marriage is to this couple, but probably the apple incident is just the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
Wan
Jan 27, 2013 01:22
  • BBQQ
Quote:

BBQQ, it shows how fragile the marriage is to this couple, but probably the apple incident is just the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
Wan

Right. Some couples divorce because of apple and banana while some others divorce because of having not decided where to spend their Spring Festival.

I read that a couple quarreled about where to spend the Spring Festival Holidays. They just got married last year. The boy insisted that they should come back to his home but the girl said she had to come back to her parents. Finally, they divorced because none of them gave in.
Jan 28, 2013 11:58
  • WANHU
What a pity. Each person has different set of priorities.
Wan
Jan 30, 2013 00:26
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

What a pity. Each person has different set of priorities.
Wan

I think I will sign a prenuptial agreement with my future husband. There is just one article in the agreement, that is, WE spend the Spring Festival Holidays at each family in turn.
Feb 2, 2013 16:12
  • WANHU
Raindrop, find someone that understands and respects you because I know you can respect him and his family.
Wan
Feb 4, 2013 21:40
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Raindrop, find someone that understands and respects you because I know you can respect him and his family.
Wan

I will. Thank you, Wan. Now I am considering of marrying a man who live not far from my home. In this way, we may spend the Chinese New Year Eve together.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: It’s not a matter of banana and apple.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code