Menu
Don’t stare at beautiful girls in Dubai!
Mar 27, 2013 21:56
  • RAINDROP
Qantas Airways has been approved to tie up with Emirates for five years’ cooperation. Under the partnership, the Qantas will use Dubai as its stopover point instead of Singapore for its flights to Europe.

In case those Australian passengers have trouble when they arrive at the Dubai Airport, Dubai authorities have given a warning “No handshake, swear and indecent dress and better not stare at the pretty girls in public. Otherwise, the passengers will be fined.”

The Australian Foreign Affairs Ministry also warns those who commit cohabitation, homosexuality, adultery and prostitution will be punished severely.

Mar 30, 2013 18:13
  • WANHU
Raindrop, there's an ambiguity, no handshake? I saw two men hugged one another and they were allowed at the airport.
Wan
Apr 1, 2013 04:22
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Raindrop, there's an ambiguity, no handshake? I saw two men hugged one another and they were allowed at the airport.
Wan

Maybe, the security officers don't see them. Just kidding! I understand that there are many taboos in middle east countries. My college dormmate went there for a job. She stayed there for nearly two years. Although she is a Chinese, she still has to wear local dresses.
Apr 1, 2013 08:53
  • WANHU
BBQQ, there are many Chinese nationals working in Dubai now. They are requested to dress "decently" especially for women but they are not obligated to wear headscarf.
Wan
Apr 12, 2013 03:07
  • BBQQ
Maybe, she is too discreet. I searched on Google. Google tells me that Dubai is much more open than other Muslim cities.
Apr 16, 2013 15:10
  • WANHU
I have been to Dubai only a few times so can't really provide an overview.
Wan
Apr 16, 2013 20:45
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I have been to Dubai only a few times so can't really provide an overview.
Wan

Well, I have never been abroad let alone Dubai. The information was acquired from Google. I am not sure it is 100 percent correct.
Apr 18, 2013 03:39
  • WANHU
Dubai is not as conservative as Saudi where going to Saudi you need a male companion who is either your brother, father or a husband to accompany you failing which you won't be given a visa.
Wan
Apr 18, 2013 04:30
  • BBQQ
Wan,

Why do I have to be accompanied by my parents, brother or husband? Suppose I am single and then I can't never go there?
Apr 22, 2013 14:45
  • WANHU
I'd think so, it's their immigration law. Probably to safeguard your journey.
Wan
Apr 23, 2013 01:54
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

Wan,

Why do I have to be accompanied by my parents, brother or husband? Suppose I am single and then I can't never go there?

You are wrong, BBQQ. They are worried that you won't come back if you go there.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Don’t stare at beautiful girls in Dubai!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code