Menu
The higher academic degree you have, the thinner hair you have!
Nov 29, 2013 00:02
  • BBQQ
Haha,

The students might gain more information about Dashi if some historical sites are found. Recently, the tomb of the Emperor Yang Guang of the Sui Dynasty has been found. According to the historians, it's very likely that the Emperor Yang was buried with his Queen Xiao.
Nov 30, 2013 13:38
  • WANHU
The Belitung shipwreck off the coast of Indonesia has found sunken treasures, where ceramics during Tang Dynasty were found (from the kiln of Changsha). There are a few motifs in Arabic and Arabic-Islamic calligraphy to show that the ceramics were sent to Arabia for business. Now those ceramics are kept in the Museum of ArtScience, Singapore.
Wan
Dec 8, 2013 12:10
GUEST43197 Interesting observations about knowledge, learning, and intelligence.

One of my favorite Albert Einstein quotations is about the difference between genius and stupidity: he said "genius has its limitations", meaning there are no limits on stupidity!
Jan 21, 2014 06:10
  • WANHU
I was in China for almost one month, from Dec 10th 2013 until Jan 6th 2014. Among the interesting parts of old buildings, its eaves have some heavenly horses. I asked a friend about those heavenly horses and he gave me a few links, but ending me watching old drama series Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre.
Wan
Jan 22, 2014 02:51
  • BBQQ
Haha, I haven't read any masterpiece of Louis Cha or Jin Yong. But I have watched many TV series adapted from his Kung Fu novels. Recently, another version of Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils has been shown on TV. Honestly, I don't like this version. The actor who plays the role of Qiao Feng doesn't play his role very well.

I like Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils made in 1997. The actor Felix Wong Yat Wa performs the role of Qiao Feng very well. He also plays the role of Guo Jing in Legend of The Condor Heroes in 1983.

Back to the topic. I don't know if you visited Yuyuan Garden in Shanghai. There are many small sculptures on the eaves. They look very vivid. I am sure you know some of them such as Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.
Jan 28, 2014 06:08
  • WANHU
I have seen the Yuyuan Garden and to understand more about the old buildings and architectural design, I have browsed through a research by Liu Dunzhen, History of Chinese Ancient Architecture (Zhongguo gu dai jian zhu shi 中国古代建筑史).
Wan
Mar 17, 2014 20:36
  • BBQQ
Wan,

So you don't visit these ancient buildings as a tourist, right? You go there as a researcher.
Jun 14, 2014 11:41
  • WANHU
Haha I am a tourist although my visa is under F.
Wan
Page 6 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The higher academic degree you have, the thinner hair you have!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code