Menu
What would you do if you were sexually harassed on the bus?
May 12, 2013 22:34
  • LAUGH
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 2 vote(s)
  3. 10 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Girls, have you been sexually harassed on the bus? A 40 years old woman was harassed by a Pakistani when she was on the No.916 bus in Xian. The woman kept away from him when he touched her thighs for the first time. But he walked to her and harassed her again. Then the woman shouted to attract other passengers' attetion.

The guy was forced to get off the bus after being condemned by other passengers. The woman got off the bus too. She followed him and stopped him leaving. Then she called the police.

The guy was sent to the police station and detained for five days for breaking the Regulations on Administrative Penalties for Public Security.
May 14, 2013 08:50
  • WANHU
Only for five days? Should have detained for longer days.
Wan
May 15, 2013 03:22
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Only for five days? Should have detained for longer days.
Wan

Couldn't agree with you anymore. Wait, it reminds me of another case happened in Beijing last year. A foreigner who tried to rape a girl near a metro station was beaten by some Chinese. What happened to him at last?
May 15, 2013 22:59
  • WANHU
It was discussed in this forum too, if I'm not mistaken. Whatever the reasons or excuses people give, molest or sexual harassment is a crime and offenders should be dealt severely. Due to certain loopholes in the law, foreigners most of the time are deported to their respective countries instead of be tried in the local court.
Wan
May 16, 2013 03:12
  • BBQQ
Wan,

Sexual harassment isn’t a crime yet according to Chinese laws. So the Pakistani guy was punished according to the Regulations on Administrative Penalties for Public Security.

Today, I read another piece of news. A Chinese guy who sexually harassed three girls in the elevator in Singapore was sentenced to 4.5 years imprisonment and enjoyed 9 flogs. Look at how Singapore deal with this.

May 17, 2013 05:23
  • WANHU
In Malaysia too, if found guilty -- with imprisonment or/and flagellation.
Wan
May 21, 2013 02:44
  • RAINDROP
If I were the girl, I would try to keep away from him. If he did it again, I would shout loudly and ask passengers to help me. The last thing I would do is to call the police. They may not come immediately.
May 21, 2013 03:34
  • WANHU
If the passengers didn't help?
Wan
May 21, 2013 21:39
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

If the passengers didn't help?
Wan

Then I will perform karate to take him down. Seriously, I will ask the driver to stop the bus and then get off immediately if no passenger backs me up.
May 23, 2013 02:21
  • WANHU
Raindrop, many a time the crime happened in a crowded bus which is not easy for you to pin-point the culprit.
Wan
May 23, 2013 02:42
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Raindrop, many a time the crime happened in a crowded bus which is not easy for you to pin-point the culprit.
Wan

Dear Wan,

India and China have many differences. Many rape cases occur in New Delhi (even on the bus), the capital of India. However, I seldom heard about similar cases happened in Beijing.

Actually, the camera is equipped on the bus. It can help the victims to figure out the culprit.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What would you do if you were sexually harassed on the bus?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code