Menu
Are you feeling hot in summer? Carrying a winter melon in your arms!
May 29, 2013 21:17
  • LAUGH
A student from a college in Guangdong Province has found a new method to cool him down in summer. He spent 15 RMB buying a winter melon from a supermarket and slept with it in his arms every night. According to him, carrying a winter melon in arms can decrease body temperature 2 to 3 centigrade degrees per hour. It works better than the fans.

Didn't he find other effective ways to cool down in summer? His college didn't equip air-conditioners in their dorms. So the sudents themelves found some other ways to cool them down in summer.

Here is another method: Boil winter melon together with black beans and black sugar and then drink this soup to resist the hot weather.

May 30, 2013 16:24
  • WANHU
Wow, too hot in GD? I'm flying to HK this afternoon. Hope it's not too hot.
Wan
Jun 3, 2013 22:51
  • CHERRY07
I think I need to try winter melon. It's too hot in Xian.
Jun 21, 2013 03:37
  • WANHU
Maybe it's too hot in Xi'an. I was in Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong on May 31 until June 12. The weather was not that hot.
Wan
Jun 23, 2013 21:41
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

It's better now. In previous days, I sweated a lot when I was on the public bus. But dog days are coming. I don't know how I go through those dog days.
Jun 25, 2013 14:39
  • WANHU
It;s better to have dog days than having haze with API reading more than 400. With recent open burning in Indonesia, besides Indonesia, both Singapore and Malaysia are under haze that darkens the cities and towns. Not only it makes poor visibility but brings difficulty to breathe. The heavy rain today in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya helps a little bit, but haze is so dense that it doesn't budge much. I have to go to the office with surgical mask all the time.
Wan
Jun 26, 2013 01:49
  • BBQQ
Wan,

It happened around two months ago in Xian. Now it's getting better. At least, I saw the blue sky.
Jun 30, 2013 21:20
  • WANHU
I just came back from Langkawi Island late last night with an AirAsia flight, and for the first time I see the blue sky, and there are a few beautiful small islands during our island hopping. What is interesting is feeding the eagles at the "Small Lion Island" where there are hundreds of eagles flying low waiting for the food. Langkawi is a haven for chocolate, cigarette and liquor lovers.
Wan
Jul 2, 2013 21:46
  • BBQQ
Wan,

You came to Langkawi Island to spend your holidays? It sounds very nice.
Jul 9, 2013 20:02
  • WANHU
Two friends from Beijing came and I just returned their hospitality. They had good time in island hopping with speed boat. It's a pity, they came only for 9 days.
Wan
Jul 9, 2013 21:10
  • BBQQ
It's nice to have a friend like you, Wan. But how could you have so much time to accompany them? Didn't you go to work?

Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you feeling hot in summer? Carrying a winter melon in your arms!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code