Menu
Magical seven-color flower!
Jun 6, 2013 03:42
  • LAUGH
An innocent little girl Jenny buys seven donuts from a bakery. On her way back home, she doesn’t take care of her donuts. All the donuts are eaten up by a dog. Jenny is angry. She runs after the dog for a while. But the dog disappears in the woods.

Suddenly, Jenny realizes that she gets lost so that she cries loudly. An old grandma comes up and asks her why she cries. Jenny tells her that her donuts are eaten up by a dog and that she gets lost here when chasing the dog. The grandma comforts Jenny and gives her a magical seven-color flower. Then she disappears. According to the grandma, it can fulfill all her wishes as long as she does as the grandma says.

Jenny wants to come back home immediately with her donuts. Then she tears a petal and repeats the spell. Suddenly, she appears at the lobby of her house. She gives the donuts to her mom and goes back to her room.

Jenny plans to put her magical flower into her favorite vase. But she can’t reach the vase because it is place on the top of her bookshelf. She comes up with an idea in a few minutes. Jenny stands on a chair to reach the vase. Suddenly, the vase falls down from the bookshelf and breaks into pieces. Jenny is worried that her mom will scold her. Thus, she uses her magical flower to repair the vase.

Luckily, the vase is repaired. Then Jenny walks out of her house and see some boys playing a game called “Go to the North Pole”. She wants to join them but gets refused. Then she uses her seven-color flower to fulfill her wish of going to North Pole. When she is there, she regrets because it is too cold. Then she uses her magical flower to bring her back home.

Jenny sees some girls playing their toys at her neighbor’s courtyard when she gets back home. She walks to them and asks if she can play together with them. The girls refuse her. Jenny is so angry that she makes a wish of getting all the toys in the world. She fulfills her wish with the help of her magical flower. However, she regrets immediately because her house can’t accommodate all the toys in the world. As a result, she lets all the toys go back to where they come from with the help of her magical flower.

Suddenly, Jenny notices that she just has only one petal now. She regrets too much because she wastes six petals. Then she decides to do something meaningful. She walks to the street in front of her house and sees a little boy sitting there. Jenny invites him to play hide and seek with her. The boy shakes his head and says “Sorry, I really want to play with you. But I can’t stand up with my feet. I am afraid that my feet can’t recover forever.”

Jenny feels sorry for him. Suddenly, she remembers that she has a magical seven-color flower. Then she makes a wish, hoping that the boy can stand up immediately. The last petal of her seven-color flower makes her wish comes true. The boy comes to Jenny and invites her to play hide and seek together.

Jun 6, 2013 03:43
  • LAUGH
This is a story developed from a Russian drama. A Chinese teacher tells the story to her students and assigns them to answer a question “What would you do if you had the magical seven-color flower?”

Some students want new toys and some others want to have fun at the amusement park. Well, Pingping gives different answer. She writes “If I had the seven-color flower, I would buy many snacks, win a million grand prize, visit ancient China and buy 20 apartments.”

Her teacher asks Pingping “Why did you ask for a million yuan and 20 apartments?” Pingping says “I will rent all the apartments out and then my parents needn’t go to work. The rental can support us. If I won a million yuan, I would buy several cars.”

Why does a little girl have such strange wishes? Pingping lives in an urban village. The village will be demolished soon. All the villagers can receive a huge amount of money or dozens of apartments as compensation. It isn’t a big deal that someone has 20 apartments. Some of her neighbors buys several cars. Pingping is jealous of them.
Jun 18, 2013 21:56
  • KEVIN0518
Laugh,

Thanks for sharing this story. If I were Jenny, I wouldn't have wasted my seven opportunities. I would wish I could have another seven-color magic flowers. In this way, I could have more dreams come true.
Jun 21, 2013 02:33
  • WANHU
Laugh, people have dreams, when they wake up, they face reality. That life is with full of competitions, that there are friends and foes, that there are love and hate/hatred, there are kind and arrogant as well as selfish people. What shall our role be?
Wan
Jun 23, 2013 22:01
  • BBQQ
What shall our role be?

I think I can share my views. We will play many roles in our lives. Humans are complicated and adaptable. They can play any role if there is a need.
Jul 9, 2013 19:26
  • WANHU
Dear BBQQ, maybe only one role with many attributes?
Wan
Jul 9, 2013 22:12
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Dear BBQQ, maybe only one role with many attributes?
Wan

So how do you define "only one role with many attributes"?
Jul 12, 2013 00:19
  • WANHU
human has many attributes, such as kind, learned (knowledge), anger, etc. which are not detachable from a person. Sometimes people say man is born to be a leader, to guide others to the true path thus man has many attributes.
Wan
Jul 14, 2013 22:05
  • BBQQ
Wan,

I think the attributes you referred is character. Man is born to be a leader. What about woman? Born to be a housewife? Just kidding!
Jul 15, 2013 03:13
  • WANHU
Maybe just wife and not housewife, haha.
Wan
Jul 15, 2013 21:38
  • BBQQ
According to traditional Chinese concepts, women should play their role of housewives very well. Their job is to take care their husband and kids. Today, more and more women have changed their roles. They become leaders in companies. You can see these girls in the foreign invested corps.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Magical seven-color flower!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code