Menu
How to escape from buses on fire?
Jun 19, 2013 02:29
  • JIMMYB
On June 3 2013, a man called Chen Shuizong got on a BRT bus in Xianmen with a box of gasoline. He launched a suicide attack by lighting the gasoline, causing 47 people dead and 34 injured. According to a note found at his home, he was unhappy with his life so that he decided to light a bus to vent his anger.

Thanks to this suicide attack, Xiamen local bus companies have decided to equip explosion devices to the buses. The driver just needs to press a button and then the window glass break into pieces. The passengers can easily get out.

How can the passengers escape from the buses in dangerous situations? Use the red hammers or bricks equipped on the buses to break the windows. It sounds easy but people get nervous in dangerous situations. They can not take the right action to escape. Do you know how to use the red hammers to break the windows? Many people might use the hammer to hit the center of the window. It’s wrong. The window doesn’t break easily even they hit many times. They should hit the corner of the window. It’s the right thing they should do.

In my view, nervousness is the greatest menace when emergencies occur. Many people get nervous and forget what to do in dangerous situations. Then the accidents occur.

Do you have any other good suggestion on how to escape from the buses on fire?

Last edited by JIMMYB: Jun 19, 2013 02:30
Jun 20, 2013 22:03
  • WANHU
It is indeed sad to know that a person was willing to kill others for his own sadness. If he wanted to die, why he should kill others? Deranged mind?

It depends on how a bus caught fire. If it is a case of vendetta or a terrorist attack by detonating the bus, then probably no one survives as the passengers have no time to be nervous or panic. In normal case, the driver needs to know the safety procedure to assist the passengers how to get out of the bus during a mishap. Each and every driver should be well-versed with such a procedure and knows how to act during emergency.

Wan
Jun 23, 2013 22:48
  • BBQQ
If he wanted to die, why he should kill others? Deranged mind?

Wan, he has something wrong with his head. But I have my compassion for him after knowing something about him. He led a hard life when he was alive.

According to his Weibo diaries, his stall had been cracked down two times because he didn’t have money to bribe the Chengguan (a new word cited many times by foreign media, I guess you know what it means). Then he did some part-time jobs to support his families. When he was at his sixties, he applied for the lowest life guarantee but failed. The local police station made a mistake when recording his age. He went to the police station many times but they didn’t correct his age because he couldn’t provide convincing evidence. Then he went to other government agencies for help. They didn’t give him a solution but shifted responsibility to each other. Then, he came up with the idea to revenge on the society.
Jun 24, 2013 09:38
  • WANHU
He should have gone to those who made his life difficult, and not targetting innocent bystanders, although I never condone this kind of heinous act.
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 01:05
  • BBQQ
Yes, Wan. But he already lost his mind when he planned this attack. He shouldn't killed those innocent passengers on the bus.
Jun 25, 2013 15:50
  • WANHU
No person of sound mind would take his own life.
Wan
Jun 25, 2013 22:56
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

No person of sound mind would take his own life.<br />
Wan

Exactly, but I still feel sorry for him. Social injustice exists everywhere. But we shouldn't take extreme actions to revenge on those people who do nothing wrong to you.

The local government issues a notice after the explosion. All people who buy petrol must bring their ID cards. If your car/motorcycle is not registered, you can't get petrol at the petrol station too.

It's so funny. If someone wants to revenge on the society, he has many other choices, for example, bring a bomb. How can they prevent them?
Last edited by BBQQ: Jun 25, 2013 23:00
Jul 1, 2013 05:13
  • WANHU
To bring a bomb he needs to bring his ID along also needs to apply a license.
Wan
Jul 9, 2013 03:57
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

To bring a bomb he needs to bring his ID along also needs to apply a license.
Wan

You are very funny. No shops excluding the black market dares to sell bombs. Weapons are not allowed to sell in China.
Jul 9, 2013 19:08
  • WANHU
Hehe, I'm just jesting, dear BBQQ. It's good to crack jokes sometimes although won't tickle your funnybone.
Wan
Jul 9, 2013 21:46
  • BBQQ
Wan,

When the Asian Games was held in Guangzhou, people even are required to provide their ID cards when they buy kitchen knives.

I can't understand how the officials came up with such an idea.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to escape from buses on fire?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code