Menu
Who speaks international English?
Jul 22, 2013 02:39
  • WANHU
Your written English is excellent when compared with some Chinese I know who have English major. With certain local accent I can't differentiate between "no" and "lo".
Wan
Jul 31, 2013 00:44
  • BBQQ
A blush came into my cheeks, Wan. Also I have a problem. When I watch English movies, I can't understand what they said without the scripts shown below. They speak very fast.
Aug 1, 2013 00:27
  • WANHU
You're fair people can see your lovely blush. If I blush no one can differentiate whether I am blushing or choking to death because I am dark-skinned. Haha
Wan
Aug 4, 2013 22:31
  • BBQQ
In fact, I do not have white face and skin like other girls. You know, I barely make up and don't use sunscreens.
Aug 6, 2013 23:51
  • GRIZ326
English is reasonably standard, although my source work is designated as en_us. As long as you keep gangsta rap and other regional gibberish out of the text, English is English.

The Indian people I work with have fine written English, but very few speak clearly enough to be understood. Chinese speakers seem to be more understandable and their written English is equal. Both Indian & Chinese written English is grammatically better than most native English writers; however, English language finesse goes to native English writers.

It is difficult for native speakers to understand even the clearest-voiced non-native speaker because, among other things, logical sentence construction may not sound logical to a native speaker.
Aug 7, 2013 00:56
  • BBQQ
Both Indian & Chinese written English is grammatically better than most native English writers.

Really? Chinese English learners are very good at English grammatical rules. They make sentences in their head before speaking it out. They make sentences. As you said, they are lack of logical thinking.
Aug 10, 2013 20:06
  • WANHU
I am told that Indians are the best lawyers in the world, and some of them are Queen Councils. Indians are known with their flowery English, and the late Prof Torrance of Edinburgh University used to tell the Malaysian students in his research methodology class, if we want to write good English for our theses, find an Indian.
Wan
Aug 12, 2013 20:32
  • BBQQ
Ok, I think I should find an Indian to teach me English writing. As for spoken English, I prefer to choose a native English speaker.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who speaks international English?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code