Menu
Men, would you wear bra?
Jul 29, 2013 21:43
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Haha, then they need non-homosexual family.
Wan

Wan, they can have "test tube" babies. It's easy for lesbians. They just need to find a man to collect his sperms. What about gays? They can adopt babies.
Jul 31, 2013 04:30
  • MARK_81
A very very interesting back and forth developing here guys!
I agree with BBQQ I was not particularly religious myself (though I was raised by my Catholic-Polish mother who raised me with good values and morals!) the gay/lesbian thing is just a fact of life. I used to have many many friends in the scene this was before I found my current faith which is personal. I'm very tolerant but very religious too I think there can be a balance. for me faith is personal it should not be shoved down someone elses throat but on the other hand non-religious folks should respect that we all believe in different things. differences are a good thing and all I know is that my faith literally saved my life but everyone has different views. i respect diverse opinions!

and yes gay and lesbian couples can jointly adopt in quite a few places nowadays its a big controversial issue in many places!

live and let live is my motto. thou all sides should respect each other in any dialogue.
Aug 1, 2013 01:38
  • BBQQ
live and let live is my motto.

Mark, I saw this sentence somehwere. A Chinese guy found its equivalent in Chinese, that is, "己所不欲勿施于人 (Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you)". I don't know if it is correct.
Aug 31, 2013 21:55
  • MARK_81
Yes it is also known as "the golden rule" a good code to live by I think.

sorry for the long delay in answering you BBQQ! I have been offline for days tending to a family matter.. I'll write on here more from now on.
Sep 2, 2013 00:46
  • BBQQ
Mark,

We all have other things to deal with except for chatting on this forum. Thanks to my irregular schedule, I didn't rest on last Saturday and Sunday. I just had a very busy weekend. You know, I was almost late for work since I wasn't waken up by my alarm.
Sep 2, 2013 18:56
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

live and let live is my motto.

Mark, I saw this sentence somehwere. A Chinese guy found its equivalent in Chinese, that is, "己所不欲勿施于人 (Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you)". I don't know if it is correct.

In religious quote, it sounds different but with same meaning: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I found it both in Christianity and Islam (Matthew 7:12 and Luke 6: 31, while in an Islamic quote, it has a slight variation: None of you [truly] a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself by al-Bukhari and Muslim, quoted by al-Nawawi in his 13th of the 43rd hadith).

So I guess the quote is universally accepted irrespective of religious inclination.

Wan
Sep 3, 2013 22:40
  • BBQQ
Wan,

"己所不欲勿施于人" is a quote from Confucius. He established Confucianism. Confucianism is not a religion. But it has great impact on Chinese culture just like the religion.
Sep 5, 2013 11:25
  • MARK_81
BBQQ: Yes absolutely I'm really really busy these days. buried in work!! lol I tell ya one thing I am definetly looking forward to my end year
winter break! I will actually be coming back to China me my wife and kids and my best friend and his family. It will be his first time to china!
Sep 8, 2013 22:06
  • BBQQ
Mark,

Good to hear that. Just prepare a nice travel itinerary for them and make sure that they enjoy their first visit to China.
Sep 10, 2013 05:30
  • MARK_81
I will do that I'm actually creating and printing out my own personal tour planner! haha mixing it in with booklets that are already available.. I find you got to plan the day well because quite simply there is so much to see! It is very easy to go off schedule and the day becoming too hectic! lol

I think my friend is really going to enjoy China. I've completely fallen in love with the place!
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Men, would you wear bra?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code