Menu
God bless me! Wishing the plan could depart and arrive on time!
Jul 16, 2013 01:41
  • LAUGH
Having read so many reports on flight delay, I am curious why the flights in China are delayed too often. Sometimes, it’s due to bad weather conditions, plane mechanic problems and other objective reasons. Sometimes, the flights are delayed for no reason (the airlines don’t tell the passengers why the flights are delayed).

Whatever reasons are given, Chinese passengers become irritated and take extreme actions. Some destroy the check-in counters. Some even run to the runway to stop the plane. What do the airlines do? Many Chinese airlines don’t handle flight delays properly. They don’t tell the truth to the passengers immediately and can’t do their best to take care of the passengers. Perhaps, they are afraid of the furious passengers.

In fact, the stewards, pilots and other crews are worried about the flight delays too. Look at these two stewards! They are praying the flight can depart and arrive on time. But I don’t know which God they are praying to.

Jul 17, 2013 08:52
  • WANHU
I think same God but different way of understanding.
Wan
Jul 18, 2013 03:59
  • BBQQ
They don't need to pray if their airlines can deal with the flight delays properly. When the flight delays happen, they should inform the passengers immediately and tell them why their plane is delayed. If the plane was delayed too long, they should provide food and accommodation to the passengers. If they can treat the passengers fairly well, the passengers won't take extreme actions.
Jul 18, 2013 07:48
  • WANHU
Usually when you are delayed for more than 6 hours, the ailines would provide you meals. Usually when I travel, I would find flight that has transit for more than 8 hours then I would have a choice, to stay in the hotel provided by the airlines or go out and visit the city.
Wan
Jul 31, 2013 01:06
  • BBQQ
Wan,

When your transit is over 8 hours, your airline provides free accommodation? My colleague who travels a lot by air told me that she bought an insurance every time when she bought the air ticket. If the plane is delayed too long, she will be compensated with a certain amount of money.
Last edited by BBQQ: Jul 31, 2013 01:06
Jul 31, 2013 22:32
  • WANHU
Dear BBQQ, most international airlines will compensate as such.
When I flew to Yiwu from Shenzhen, there was a 2-hour delay, and then also a transit in Xiamen. A few days ago was also a delay for my flight from Guangzhou to Xianyang. Funny thing is they can provide excuse such as due to air traffic control, etc. and passengers have to accept.
Wan
Aug 4, 2013 22:58
  • BBQQ
The air traffic control is the most frequently used excuse. I heard that a new regulation would be implemented soon. The air traffic control excuse will not work.

Wan,

You may not know that some officials even have the privilege to let all the passengers wait for him.
Aug 13, 2013 07:35
  • WANHU
Of course, when he is a VIP or minister, but never government officials.
Wan
Aug 13, 2013 22:20
  • BBQQ
Wan,

Unfortunately, some people do overstate themselves. They don't have such a privilege but they insist on enjoy the priority.

A girl just wreaked havoc at Baiyun Airport not long ago. She didn't follow the instructions to pass the checkpoint and then she was refused to board the plane. She screamed "If I have an accident here, the governor of Guangdong Province and the mayor of Guangzhou city will definitely be replaced." At last, she was taken away by the security men at the airport.
Aug 27, 2013 20:20
  • WANHU
Instead of replacing someone, she got displaced.
Wan
Aug 27, 2013 22:16
  • RAINDROP
BBQQ,

No doubt, her parents are civil officials, probably a leader. She has enjoyed privileges too much.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: God bless me! Wishing the plan could depart and arrive on time!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code