Menu
To poke an evil toy to revenge on your enemies?
Sep 20, 2013 06:57
  • WANHU
It's an old grandma's fairy tale dear Raindrop. We share the same tale's too. I'd be willing to let a cat cross my father's dead body and he became alive again, hehe.

Actually,according to what I learnt from the elders, those learning and practising magic and sorcery, if a black cat crosses his or her body, the evil genie will enter the body. There are some unverified stories where the dead came back looking for something because he was restless in the grave until someone who is closer to him agrees to accept his "belonging". All these are not and cannot be proven by science, just like the sixth sense that you may have or the mind that can bend the spoon.

Wan
Sep 21, 2013 22:48
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

He is not alive. He turns into a zombie. It's horrible.
Sep 23, 2013 16:36
  • WANHU
It was narrated to us but unverified and also without tangible proof. Thus some people are terrified though they have not seen any.
Wan
Sep 23, 2013 20:59
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

To be honest, I was afraid when my grandpa died. According to our customs, dead people usually stay at home for three days and then will be incinerated. I couldn't fall asleep on the bed.

You know, my grandpa was very nice to me. I used to sleep with him when I was in primary school. He gave me changes to buy snacks at school....
Sep 25, 2013 05:40
  • WANHU
You're afraid that your grandpa would raise from the dead like the walking dead? In our custom, we would bury the dead the soonest possible to let the soul rest in peace. When my mom died, we buried her the same day. Some people choose to cremate their dead.
Wan
Sep 26, 2013 01:43
  • RAINDROP
No, Wan. I didn't think he would come back alive. You know, it's just the first time that I had been so close to a dead man.

There are different customs in different places. In the past, the whole funeral process lasted for seven days. Several years ago, a Party member in our village set a good example for us. He shortened the funeral process from seven days to four days.

Wan, we used to bury the dead people under the earth. However, a new policy was approved several years ago. It requires that all dead people have to be cremated. Considering of the old traditions, people are still allowed to bury the cinerary caskets under the earth.
Oct 2, 2013 01:45
  • WANHU
I can see that too in our locality, the grand sending off for rich Chinese, with expensive casket that costs more than RM30k (about RMB60k) with live musical band.

For us, poor family, just enshroud our mom with white cloth and buried her at the nearest cemetery. The money if any, could be used for those in need.

Wan
Oct 8, 2013 03:23
  • RAINDROP
Wan,

I just remembered that the casket for my grandpa cost less than 2000 RMB. It was bought from a local in my village. For us, poor family, we can't afford to bury my grandpa at the cemetery. A cave less than 3 square meters costs more than 30000 RMB. Then you have to pay them the administration fee every year. 20 years later, you have to sign a new contract if you still want to keep the casket there. Otherwise, you have to move the casket to another place.

We spend a lot of money on an apartment. However, we are told that we can just own it for 70 years. Similarly, we spend money on the very small square for our ancestors. However, we are told that we can just own the very small square for 20 years. What should I say?
Nov 10, 2013 11:15
  • WANHU
For houses it is called lease hold but with strata titles. In my locality, tge graveyard belongs to the local authority and we can only use the plot givem to bury the dead for certain time, and can be reused by others too.
Wan
Nov 10, 2013 19:53
  • JIMMYB
Hmmm, I won't let my kids worry about my rest place in the future. I will ask them to cremate me and scatter my bone ashes into the river. They needn't pay so much money to find a grave to bury me. It's too costy.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To poke an evil toy to revenge on your enemies?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code