Lost in Shangri-La

Written by Mar 28, 2006 22:03
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Li Jiang, my dream city

I never know there is such a wonderful place as the small stone town Lijiang in the south end of China. I had the 1st impression of the tranquil town from one of my favorite website chinaonline and then decided to go there with my fiend. We flied there early of the month and stayed for 2 weeks. The sky is exceptionally clear and blue with the magnificent snow mountain as a background. There are many unbelivable touching blue ponds and lovely clear brooks with colorful tiny fishes cheerfully enjoy the great sunshine. Flowers are just blooming and all green views in front of you. The town has a very long history with its unique characteristics like Dongba which is said to be one of the oldest china culture. People there are nice and friendly, beautiful young girls are called golden flowers. Moreover, there are many many small pubs which can really bring you the home feeling. you never feel yourself a laowai there. we just sitting outside, bathing in the sunshine, watching locals and tourists, everything is so wonderful, and you just don't want to leave. it's not my first time to china but it's abosutley is the most meaningful one for i've found a paradise. i'm sure i will go back to lijiang again, maybe will live there and oopen my own small pub, talking with the visitors, sharing with them my stories. i love lijinang, i love china.

More Yunnan Travel Reviews
1. <A> A Trip Through China's Countryside KYLE from CA Jan 20, 2006 01:01
2. Crossing the Nujiang ETHNICEAST from SG Sep 28, 2005 01:09
3. A Package Tour - The Hidden Extras JABAROOTOO from CN Sep 23, 2005 04:09
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.