Menu
Are Chinese people too shy to express their love?
Nov 9, 2010 20:35
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLOUDQ

It is not a culture does not mean that Chinese men don't have the feeling. They have it, and they hesitate to say it. Girls need to give them an encouragement. That is the "force" I was talking about. Definitely without a gun.

If you use a gun, he will run away and never come back, haha. Maybe he has said "I love you" a thousand times but he is too shy to tell you.
Nov 9, 2010 20:49
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

If anyone had to be "forced" to say "I love you" then that person obviously doesn't, so what is the point? He probably means "I lust you"

Sounds very reasonable. I refuse to say it if someone forces me to do it. At the same time, I won't force anyone to say "I love you" too.
Nov 10, 2010 19:21
GUEST110 I know it from chinese girls and they are shy in showing afection to the one they love. So kissing or touching in public (i mean holding hands or hand on the lap) is a thing they only do if you "force" it and then they sit around and look as every moment somebody would come and arrest them.
With other couples i saw i have seen the mostly the girls are shy in this part and the boys more or less force it.
From this and other things i got the impression that chinese man like it to "dominate".
So i also guess that chinese man are normaly not soooooo shy as your example. but of course there are many different chinese....
Jun 19, 2011 13:33
GUEST51192 He might think you are kind of strange looking or maybe he is a secret gay .
May 28, 2012 04:54
GUESTCHINESE Actually, Chinese tend to express their love or emotion through action.
Since we were kids,no matter boys or girls, out parents told us, Action speaks louder than Voice. Therefore,we tend to express our love through taking good care of others,making others happy and so on. The only criteria for you to evaluate the depth of love between you and your Chinese partner is that how well he/she treats you. If he /she tries their best to do whatever they want to please you and make you feel safe.That's the TRUE Love.
Moreover, our Chinese think that if you always say I Love You, it will undermine the power of this sentence. It means that the value of this saying will be underrated. Therefore, we seldom speak I LOVE YOU.
Last but not least, I'm 100% sure that your Chinese partner really love you according to what he/she did for you. Trust your partner and your relationship,you love with him/her.

Hope It'll be helpful. If you have any questions about Chinese Love problem,you can contact me by e-mail : qq.com|303798127 I'm a junior student in university who focuses on culture study!
May 28, 2012 11:43
  • WANHU
Different strokes for different folks.
Wan
Jun 5, 2013 13:35
GUESTCHIMAN You know that, in my family, a normal chinese family, we NEVER say "I love you" to each other. I NEVER hug my parents, and my dad NEVER kiss my mom, not even holding hands in public. That's just not the way chinese people express their love, and they find that embarrassing.

I mean, asian people find it artificial and unatural to express their feeling in Western way.
Jun 6, 2013 01:20
  • BBQQ
GUESTCHIMAN,

You are absolutely right. My parents never do what you said in front of us. They sometimes quarrel with each other. But they do care about each other. Last winter, my mom came to stay with me for two weeks. She called my dad frequently. I teased her "Do you miss my dad?" She didn't answer but said "You know, your dad can't cook meals. I am worried that he can't eat well when I am not home." At that moment, I knew that my mom does love my dad. She just expressed her love in another way.
Jul 10, 2013 15:32
  • WANHU
Dear BBQQ, what Guestchiman says is partially true as there are Asians that hug one another. In some Asian cultures, the children would kiss their parents' hands to show respect and appreciation, while the traditional Indians would kiss their mothers' feet.
Wan
Jul 11, 2013 01:57
  • BBQQ
Yes, Indians people have their own customs when greeting families, relatives and friends. I watched a TV program that introduced Indian kissing courtesy. Sometimes they touch people's feet. Sometimes they kiss their feet. I can't remember the difference.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are Chinese people too shy to express their love?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code