Menu
Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Mar 28, 2009 13:33
  • WANHU
Some fine dining and cuisine have seafood fruit salads for ages. Some people may have adverse reactions to seafood not because of eating fruits but rather intolerance and other contaminated algae-derived neurotoxins.
Wan
Apr 13, 2009 23:47
GUEST35129 Oh thank you.... We just cleared up my gilrfriends(from china) seaside.... she thought it was true????? but now she stands corrected!!!!!!!!! Thanks

KIRI
Apr 14, 2009 11:43
GUEST19587 I am continually amazed by people who are smart enough to type and log on, but are not smart enough to Google "vitamin C Shrimp Arsenic" and find out that this is a hoax circulating since 2001.
Apr 15, 2009 14:12
  • SETH
Aha! Guest19587 might be onto something there! Actually do research into the subject? Who knows, maybe it will catch on!

But then again, maybe Google is a hoax circulating since 2001! With the net, you can never be 100% sure. :)
Jun 2, 2009 23:49
GUEST52186 shrimp prawn + vitamin C = poison IS A HOAX...
People should stop spreading this stupid rumor..
Ask any nutritionist or medical experts, even chemists and they'll all say it's rubbish...
Hell, I've been eating equal dozes of sea foods with out skipping my dozen daily doze of various vitamins and supplements ( including acerola C ) and the worst thing that happened to me was a high blood pressure from eating too much prawns or lobsters...

I'm an established businessman and I'm offering a million dollars to anyone who'd eat large amounts of prawn and a doze of vitamin C and die of arsenic poisoning afterward... My challege won't be a Hoax...

Now stop this rubbish...
Jun 18, 2009 10:10
GUEST04137 I am Chinese so I know there are lots of old wife's tales and this prawn and vit. C is another old wife's tale. The other old wife's tale is not to eat durian and drink alcohol/brandy. Well, I'm still alive after eating/drinking the combination!
Aug 6, 2009 22:21
GUEST37148 Yes, I tried yesterday and now I'm standing next to you..... boo
Nov 18, 2009 20:53
GUEST46686 Dodoy and Katrina,
In general, IT IS GOOD eating fruits after meals, specially citric fruits after lunch, as vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron. Fruits are rich in fibre, so when mixed in the stomach with your lunch or dinner (carbs, fats, proteins), it will prolong the digestion in your stomach, thus (a) making it a better digestion, (b) making you feel satisfied faster and therefore eating less and (c) helping you not to absorb your undesirable excess of carbs and fats, assisting you in loosing weight as well.
Nov 18, 2009 20:59
GUEST46686, I was told that "better not eat fruits immediately after meals. If you really want some, please wait at least 30 minutes."
Nov 28, 2009 03:08
GUEST35837 The ammount of arsenic in shrimps is 40 ppm (parts per million), i.e., 40 mg of arsenic in 40 tons of shrimps. 40mg is the minimal ammount of arsenic that can cause poisoning. It turns out that arsenic suicide by ingestion of prawns is extremelly difficult!. By the way arsenic is present in virtually everything you possibly can eat, breath, o drink, the same for Vitamin C.
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prawns + Vitamin C=Poison?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code