Menu
An interviewer interviews an interviewee at a coffee shop. Who should pay for the bill?
Nov 25, 2012 20:51
  • BBQQ
Emerald,

It might differ in different companies. But my friend told me that the online test on personality and EQ is a must to all the interviewees no matter what positions they apply for. Some people might have do extra tests or exams, for example, those who applies for Programing have to take a programing exam.
Nov 26, 2012 00:47
  • NOBODY
Well, i think that the interviewer should pay. Normally the interviewee doesn't get to choose the place where to hold the interview. So it's up to the interviewer, but if he decides to have the interview in a very expensive tea house or coffe shop, should the one with no job (so not much money) pay for someone with a job AND who chose the place? Maybe the interviewer just wanted a free coffee?
But if i would apply to a company like this, i would tell them where they can put their job and go home at once.
Nov 26, 2012 20:09
  • LAUGH
Look! This is what I am going to do if I was put into this situation:

If she hints that I should pay for the bill, I will pretend that I don't notice her hint but keep chatting with her. If she continues, I will tell her directy "Sorry, I don't bring too much money on me."
Nov 26, 2012 20:34
  • WANHU
Laugh, how much is a cup of coffee in China? Your reason is too lame. Why don't yuo go Dutch and tell her to pay on her own? Haha
Wan
Nov 26, 2012 22:16
  • MARRIE
If it were me, I would definitely not go anywhere for interview except onsite one. Somthing must be wrong with Coffee shop interview. On-line interview is not as proper coz you never know on the other end whether or not there is an predator talking to you...and it's nonsense that HR could test your professional skills and judge your personality that is hard seen through in acting scene even in whole career life! BTW, If HR takes this approach to hire, I start questioning the culture of this corporation.
Nov 29, 2012 21:02
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Laugh, how much is a cup of coffee in China? Your reason is too lame. Why don't yuo go Dutch and tell her to pay on her own? Haha
Wan

Wan, it is expensive if the coffeeshop is located at the busy street or high-end shopping center, or shops with brands like Starbucks, generally more than RMB 20/cup. But it is cheap in KFC. Anyway, no reason for me to pay the bill. If the HR choose employee based on this, the company is not reliable, and it will surely not consider much for its members.
Nov 29, 2012 21:07
  • LAUGH
Why interview in this way! I will not attend it if I were the employee. I prefer to present at their company directly and see the conditions by the way.
Nov 30, 2012 00:48
  • WANHU
I have been to Starbucks only once in Shanghai. I wonder why young people to go there, and the coffee is just ordinary, nothing special. The only thing special about Starbucks is it drilled holes in my pocket.
Wan
Nov 30, 2012 00:52
  • WANHU
Laugh, you can try Old Town White Coffee. For RMB25 you can have 20 cups of coffee!
Wan
Dec 1, 2012 18:44
  • COOLSPRINGS
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I have been to Starbucks only once in Shanghai. I wonder why young people to go there, and the coffee is just ordinary, nothing special. The only thing special about Starbucks is it drilled holes in my pocket.
Wan

it still makes sense though cos they prefer brazil coffee..french wine..american peanut butter..belgium chocolate...siberial leather coat...its sort of relative advantage...like the green gem at home at l RMB can be sold overseas 100 USD...
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: An interviewer interviews an interviewee at a coffee shop. Who should pay for the bill?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code