Menu
The higher academic degree you have, the thinner hair you have!
Jul 1, 2013 22:33
  • BBQQ
Dear Wan,

I usually keep my head down and am afraid of making close eye contact with the audience. The more I become nervous, the faster I speak and the lower my voice is.
Jul 11, 2013 23:52
  • WANHU
Then it's good to be nervous and you will be a fast talker.
Dear BBQQ, good speakers have good command of language and know how to plan what to say even in their impromptu speeches. Me? I'm always a stutter.
Wan
Jul 14, 2013 22:21
  • BBQQ
Really? I don't believe you. I think you are a man who is good at public speeches.
Jul 17, 2013 08:35
  • WANHU
When I was young, I have difficulty to say things although those words were in my mind. I was a stutter. I could read but could never talk properly. Until one day, in my primary school one teacher asked me to debate on one particular topic. I managed to subdue my seniors, and with disagreements I had, I managed to talk fast. One year later I was selected as a representative to speak in the public (I was almost 12 years old) during the celebration of the World Children's Day. Speak I did in the stadium.
Wan
Jul 17, 2013 08:37
  • WANHU
Dear BBQQ
I made my late mother felt proud and she cried because who could ever think a stutter boy could have the opportunity to talk in the stadium full packed with other school children? She told me later that if my dad was alive, he would be very proud of me.
Wan
Jul 18, 2013 03:30
  • BBQQ
Well, I was given some chances to make public speeches. But I refused. I was afraid of being laughed by others. Thus, I am still afraid of making public speeches.
Jul 19, 2013 13:49
  • WANHU
You should take that opportunity, sometime opportunity knocks only once. Once you get the experience you will be more confident.
Wan
Jul 22, 2013 22:58
  • BBQQ
Wan,

I am sweating and trembling when I stand on the stage. When I was in the third year of the high school. Our school held a sports meeting. I was responsible for writing short messages and scrutinizing messages from other classes. The announcer beside me asked me to read the messages. I tried and then a teacher came to us and asked who read the messages. I said "Me". He just said "You just need to scrutinize the messages and let the announcer read the messages." Apparently, I didn't do very well.

This experience was a blow to me, honestly.
Jul 23, 2013 04:25
  • WANHU
Maybe you were mumbling and not reading. Everyone is given one mouth. If they could speak, so could you.
Wan
Jul 23, 2013 22:42
  • BBQQ
Wan,

My voice was low but everyone could hear me after my voice was amplified by the mike.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The higher academic degree you have, the thinner hair you have!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code