Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
May 19, 2011 23:09

There is a famous saying in China: He who doesn't reach the Great Wall is not a real man. A hero tablet was thus set up on the highest point of Badaling Great Wall and many visitors seized the chance to take photo with this tablet, to certify that they had been to the Great Wall and was a true man. ... Details

• Views: 3590
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 1
Mr. GIAMBO
Apr 30, 2011 10:28

Juyongguan Pass is NOT the great wall, sure is part of it historically, but there are no connection to it today. If your plan is to see the real great wall, from beijing choose simatai, jingshanling, mutianyu or badaling. i've been in both juyonguan pass & badaling, the first cannot be considered ... Details

• Views: 2626
  • Responses: 0
Mr. BEIJINGER
Apr 21, 2011 03:57

Indeed, Badaling is famous and popular. But it is kind of over-touristy and crowded, especially during the peak seasons. So I recommend Mutianyu as another choice if you want to tour the Great Wall of China. I have several reasons: necessary facilities are also offered here like the cable car ... Details

• Views: 3012
Mr. SM
Apr 17, 2011 23:10

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china_great_wall/scene/beijing/jinshanling.htm This article along with the Q&A from members was very useful in planning my recent trip (day before yesterday, Apr 15, 2011) to Jinshanling. This is how it happened. I traveled from Shanghai to Beijing by the D308 ... Details

• Views: 2243
Mar 30, 2011 21:00

Actually, it was in the year 2010, when I was an international student in Beijing. At that time, I really got tired of school life, so I asked several friends to go somewhere with me on a weekend. Since I really wanted to avoid the crowds and some of my friends had not been to the Great Wall, we made ... Details

• Views: 2449
Mr. CLEMENT
Mar 18, 2011 02:19

To be honest, I prefer the natural scenery with clear water, clean air and green plants, rather than the man-made sites. Every time when I go to travel, I will go to the 'green places' first. But this time when I came to Beijing, my friend highly recommend the Great Wall of China and I accepted it. ... Details

• Views: 2426
Ms. EMMA
Mar 2, 2011 20:58

With Classmates on Badaling Beijing is a world famous tourism city, but you must be cautious when traveling there, especially do not go for petty advantages. Otherwise you will be totally cheated. Take Badaling Great ... Details

• Views: 2137
Feb 16, 2011 00:39

This winter holiday, my friend and I paid a visit to Datong, a city in the north part of Shanxi Province. We planned to tour the Yungang Grottoes, the famous Mt. Hengshan and the Hanging Monastery. But there was time left, and we took the advice of the driver to further tour to the Yanmenguan Pass. ... Details

• Views: 2475
Mr. E
Jan 7, 2011 01:45

i just came from beijing this week and i just want to share my experience from the great wall tour i took. i was comparing online and upon arrival on tours because there are so many and i really just wanted the most affordable and convenient way to see it so upon check in, the front desk officer of ... Details

• Views: 1789
Ms. LEE ISENBERG
Dec 23, 2010 10:12

I visited the section of The Great Wall eleven years ago while vacationing in Beijing. It was at least a two hour drive north of the city,but well worth it. what was disturbing to me was that once we reached the bottom of the immense hill below the wall, we were bombarded by merchants trying to sell ... Details

• Views: 1883