Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Mr. LEE SHUAIKU (DAVID HOUSE)
Mar 3, 2010 02:51

I started very early to catch bus no.919 to Badaling Great Wall at Deshengmen Gate Station. There were so many 919 lines at the station which made me quite confused at first. I asked the ticket seller for the bus price. Finally I found the one which was sold at CNY 12, recommended by cyber-pals. The ... Details

• Views: 1906
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Ms. JOLIN ERWIN
Mar 2, 2010 19:58

My friend was surprised at my decision of trekking Gubeikou wild wall. I was such an unathletic girl in her eyes. She refused my invitation for this travel clashed with her examination. So I asked the other three of my classmates to go with me. We started early on a Sunday from Beijing North Railway ... Details

• Views: 1879
  • Responses: 2
Mr. LONGDRAGON
Feb 24, 2010 20:50

Jiankou stands for wildness, deterioration and even thriller to many backpackers. Those who conquer it would feel proud, great and confident. Last summer, as I had plenty time staying in Beijing, I made a long trek on Jiankou Great Wall. It was a life-enhancing trip, adventurous and interesting. My ... Details

• Views: 1754
Feb 23, 2010 01:24

During the national holiday, I decided to go hiking on Jinshanling Great Wall, partly out of curiosity and partly out of physical training. I took a regular bus from Dongzhimen to Miyun county. The transportation to Jinshanling was quite easy as there were a lot of private cars or minibuses claiming ... Details

• Views: 1756
  • Responses: 2
Ms. HANNAH
Feb 22, 2010 02:23

I made my Simatai trip on August 15, 2009. The scene was still vivid in my memory. It was a fine day. Two friends and I got up very early. At about 9, we arrived at Dongzhimen long distance bus station to take bus no.980 to Miyun long distance bus station. There were two types of 980 buses. One was ... Details

• Views: 1622
  • Responses: 1
Feb 21, 2010 03:49

The Great Wall was my big stop in Beijing. When I was hesitating whether to go to Badaling or Simatai, my friend offered me another choice – Mutianyu. Her reason was that Badaling was overcrowded and Simatai was too wild with inconvenient traffic. Mutianyu is not crowded with easier transportation ... Details

• Views: 1655
Jan 10, 2010 21:21

You are not a true man until you get to the Great Wall. In order to become a “true man”, I decided to visit Badaling during my first summer vacation in Beijing. Before my departure, I have consulted the experience from online friends who have been there before as I don’t want to be ... Details

• Views: 1661
Ms. KOH
Jan 2, 2010 11:06

My second time to badaling and indeed another refreshing experience. However, do take note of scam rides. Bus 919(route 1 never exist)! Went to Desheng Men bus station to take 919. The taxi driver has warned me of illegal scam rides to badaling and just to take 919. The moment i came out of the cab, ... Details

• Views: 2299
Mr. KEWL
Nov 16, 2009 09:48

1.While the Great Wall of China is not one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, it is typically included in the Seven Wonders of the Medieval World. 2.In 1987, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) placed the Great Wall on its list of the world's great ... Details

• Views: 1764
Mr. DSBENSON.COM
Oct 24, 2009 20:53

I took a marvelous tour of the Jiankou section yesterday. Absolutely incredible. We hiked for about 6 hours, using a guide we found over the web. Ping knew the trails very well and was able to take us around the most treacherous spots (where people have recently died). We saw no other westerners the ... Details

• Views: 1563