Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Apr 6, 2010 04:04

When my husband and I visited the Forbidden City, a lot of people were handing out leaflets about one-day trip to Badaling Great Wall. We both wanted to sign up for the easy transportation arranged by the travel agency. We were surprised at the prices on the leaflets! No expensive but it’s too ... Details

• Views: 1886
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Apr 2, 2010 03:40

I've been wanting for a long time to visit Badaling Great Wall. I thought the trip would be very memorable. At last, it was but not for the bright side but due to the traps. Here I omit the course of climbing up and down on the wall. I was so tired that my legs were wobbling after descended from ... Details

• Views: 2296
  • Compliments: 1
Mar 31, 2010 03:54

Niangziguan Pass, originally called Weizeguan Pass, is located to the northeast of Pingding county in Yangquan City in Shanxi Province. The Shanxi People regard it as the symbol of its province. I took the train no.D2062 from Taiyuan at 11:06 and got off at Yangquan about half an hour later. From the ... Details

• Views: 2167
Mar 30, 2010 03:11

In the long distance bus from Dai county to Shuozhou, I confirmed the conductor that my destination was Yanmenguan Pass. She looked at me with a surprised look. I guess probably because fewer people would visit this pass, though it had a glorious past and not to mention I was a foreigner. The bus slowly ... Details

• Views: 2390
Mr. JUMA
Mar 30, 2010 02:05

Beijing was my first stop when I visited China two years ago, while the Badaling Great Wall was my first travel destination in Beijing. The thrill was indescribable when I stood on the wall. What great effort the ancient Chinese people had made to create this world wonder in tough condition. When I ... Details

• Views: 1877
Mar 29, 2010 21:53

I just came back from Badaling Great Wall. Here I'm not gonna say the feeling of this travel, but I'd like to add some tips of how to take bus 919. Hope my real experience will help you avoid detours. I took the Subway Line 2 and got off at Jishuitan Station. Walking eastward and arrived at Deshengmen ... Details

• Views: 2203
Mar 25, 2010 04:20

The spring outing to Qinglong Gorge and Mutianyu Great Wall has been made for a long time. As a single foreigner, there must be some difficulties for me to finish the trip all by myself. So I searched a lot of information related to ticket price, form of transport, dining and accommodation. After everything ... Details

• Views: 2657
  • Responses: 1
Mar 24, 2010 23:46

It was a nice Sunday. My company organized a trip to Juyongguan Pass to release the working pressure. We were very excited when hearing this good news because we hadn’t gone out to play for months. Two friends and I rushed to the nearest supermarket and bought enough food and drinks we needed ... Details

• Views: 2495
Mar 16, 2010 19:53

Having read a lot of travel reviews by previous travelers, I would also like to share my practiced experiences of Badaling Great Wall with those who plan to visit the wall. Hope my experience will give you some hints. Public transport Here I strongly recommend visitors to take 919 bus to Badaling. ... Details

• Views: 2340
  • Responses: 2
Ms. SIERRA
Mar 9, 2010 01:17

I took the train no.1521 from Tianjin at about 16:00 and arrived at Qinhuangdao at about 21:00. My destination was Shanhaiguan Pass, but I had to spend one night at Qinhuangdao and go to the wall the next day. My classmate at college picked me up and I spent one night at her home. The next morning, ... Details

• Views: 2145