Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Mr. PATRICK
Dec 10, 2010 01:08

I myself have been to both of these two sites and want to share some of my experiences with you guys. Of course Badaling Great Wall is the most famous among all China Great Wall sections, but it is also crowded, especially during the holidays. For those don’t like crowds, Mutianyu Great Wall ... Details

• Views: 12565
  • Compliments: 8
  • Responses: 8
Mr. ALEX
Nov 25, 2010 22:21

This summer holiday, one of my friends from university invited me to his hometown - Yulin, a city located in the north of Shaanxi province and I gladly accept it. You know, as an international student, I was always eager to know more about the common people's daily lives and this would be a very good ... Details

• Views: 2596
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Mrs. PKK
Nov 15, 2010 14:06

Shi Huangdi wanted a long wall along China's northern borders to keep out nomadic invaders. He planned the Great wall, which linked together smaller walls built during the Time of the Warring States. The earliest walls were built of earth. Later,stone and brick were used. Shi Huangdi forced hundreds ... Details

• Views: 1830
Mr. BRUCE
Nov 10, 2010 23:57

As a traveler to Beijing, Great Wall is always a must. But it will not take one the whole day to visit it, then the Ming Tombs which is not far from the wall is visited in the same day, thus forming a very popular Beijing One Day Tour. Then the thing comes that there are many one day tours to Badaling ... Details

• Views: 2719
  • Compliments: 2
Mr. JUT
Oct 30, 2010 07:26

I just visited this section today. Simply amazing. It was a perfect day; 60 degrees F, sunny, and the fall colors were absolutely perfect. The wall was quite an adventure. I was all alone and found some extreme difficulty in some areas where the wall had collapsed and I had to vertically descend down ... Details

• Views: 1662
Oct 27, 2010 22:29

As heard that the transportation to Badaling Great Wall was very convenient, I went there all by myself. Of course I had done a lot of preparations. It was quite true and proved very easy to access. Way of traveling to: I chose bus no.919 to take me there rather than train, for there are fewer of them. ... Details

• Views: 2947
  • Compliments: 1
Mr. NAYAZ NOOR
Oct 27, 2010 05:50

Just got back from Beijing and of course a visit to the Great Wall at Juyongguan pass. Climbed up all the way to the 13th Tower and was actually a bit surprised that the wall actually ended there....at the tower. Guess it continues further up, but there is a break. I think the most inspiring thing that ... Details

• Views: 1627
Mr. PAUL
Oct 20, 2010 22:59

Great News! Great News! The leaves in Badaling National Forest Park have turned red and it is so amazingly beautiful. Although the park is not within the Badaling Great Wall scenic area, one can see the wild walls from the park as well. Not only the wild walls, but the walls contrasting finely with ... Details

• Views: 3201
Oct 15, 2010 01:24

Since Beijing is always a hot tourist destination and people will pour into the city during the so-called 'Golden Week', I just ran from it to avoid the crowds, for I do not like crowds very much. I chose Tianjin as my leisure destination this national day holiday. Before going to Tianjin ... Details

• Views: 2447
Mr. DANIEL
Sep 25, 2010 00:04

After visiting Badaling and Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing, I have planned to visit the starting point of the Great Wall for a long time, which is Laolongtou (Old Dragon's Head in English) in Qinghuangdao, Hebei Province. This summer holiday, I finally made it. Get up early that morning and take ... Details

• Views: 6134
  • Compliments: 1