Menu

Chengdu Travel Reviews

Sort by:
May 13, 2007 00:05

Arriving at Chengdu airport is always such an anti climax to the great anticipation of the travel ahead in China- it is usually so smoggy or foggy, treeless and barren. But it is not Chengdu that i was there to explore in the latter half of 2006, but the beautiful Kangba region, of western Sichuan ... Details

• Views: 5028
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 0
Oct 15, 2006 18:10

Rich green valleys, rapidly-flowing rivers, jagged mountain peaks and a relatively mild climate help to define Sichuan Province as China’s “heaven on earth” for many people. Planted within this idyllic setting, the capital city of Chengdu charms visitors with its beautiful tree-lined ... Details

• Views: 3954
  • Compliments: 0
Sep 9, 2006 09:09

Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province ("Chengdu" means "becoming capital"), habitat of giant pandas, and the city of cotton-rose hibiscus.

Located in the west of Sichuan Basin and in the center of Chengdu Plain, Chengdu covers a total area of 12.3 thousand square kilometers ... Details

• Views: 4148
  • Responses: 1
Apr 12, 2006 11:04

Maybe I’m too much the romantic, but of all the cities in China that I’d been dying to visit since I first got here, right at the top of my list was Chengdu, and it was all because of the tea.

Not because of the quality of the tea – there are other places in China famous for ... Details

• Views: 3062
Feb 14, 2006 19:02

Hi,

Just share my experience during my journey to Jiu Zhai Gou. The tour guide that lead the team to Jiu Zhai Gou has used a ‘threatening’ way; requesting us to pay 160RMB for the Tibetian show which is optional and is not stated in the tour contract which we has signed. He has indirectly ... Details

• Views: 3170
Dec 18, 2005 00:12

In 2004 I visited Chengdu ..We did the usual thing shopping and walking. A visit to the Panda Reserve is a must and an unforgettable experience. but the highlight was a visit to Animals Asia Bear Rescue Centre. There you can tour the sanctuary, including the Education Centre and learn about the work ... Details

• Views: 2504
Nov 29, 2005 09:11

My husband and arrived to Chendu yesterday, and after trying the Brazilian Barbeque restaurant right on the strip accross the street from the McDonalds we were completely satisfied. There were no English menues there, however the meal was 58 Yuan a person and it was all you can eat salad, soup and ... Details

• Views: 2179
Chengdu  
Oct 23, 2005 04:10

I arrived Chengdu at about 0200 p.m. with the great sense of excitement. After getting off from the plane, I started feeling the sense of challenging by signs written in Chinese around me. It felt really good not to be able to read those signs as what I had missed the most was the sense of unknown. ... Details

• Views: 2207
  • Responses: 3
Jun 23, 2005 11:06

You know what, I used to think we were all the same. From my big house in the countryside I firmly believed that all people were created equally and were equal. I was willing to take on anyone who professed otherwise and this view allowed me to be sure of an indisputable justice in our world, a natural ... Details

• Views: 3120
  • Responses: 3
Mar 30, 2004 15:03

Last year i have visited the panda research center near Chengdu. It was a rainy day so it was quiet. I visited the breeding area. There were a few just born pandabears. It was amazing to see the young pandabears. I realy fell in love with the little ones. Outside there was a group of young (about a ... Details

• Views: 2363