Menu
Menu
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
New York Time(GMT-5)
Greenwich Mean Time(GMT)
Beijing Time(GMT+8)
Profile Travel Reviews Travel Forum Travel Tips Photo album  
Kunming Travel Tips
Your first-hand tips on an area you have been to in China will help other fellow travelers on their trip planning and on-the-spot stay. Please choose one of the specific categories.
Tips 1-8 of 16 Page 1 of 2 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip
World-Horti-Expo Garden
By WINDENERGY | 8/5/2007 8:50:09 PM

Some resort destinations in China are very commercial and unappealing. However, if you are looking for a first-class tourist destination where you can learn about Chinese culture and the native vegetation, then I highly recommend seeing the World Horti-Expo Garden in N.E. Kunming, China. There are "theme" gardens representing every province in China, as well as museums and international exhibits.

Study in Kunming
By CALEB | 5/11/2007 4:02:23 AM

Summit Foreign Language School is an excellent study option for short term or long term mandarin study in Kunming. They can help extend or arrange visas and offer flexible and professional tuition and classes with qualified teachers who speak standard mandarin (hard to find in Yunnan from my experience!). They also have a really good location near wenlin jie. I definitely recommend them to any traveller or anyone wanting to while a way some time in beautiful Kunming!!!

Inexpensive hotel in Kunming
By WINDENERGY | 6/6/2007 3:06:54 AM

I got this tip from a fellow traveler on the bus ride to Lijiang. I prefer a private room with a bath instead of a dormitory usually. At the Camellia Hotel, I stayed 4 nights in a private room for 120 rmb/night. A cheaper alternative is the Yun Du Hotel (Chinese owned, 2 star) which is allowed to lodge foreign travelers. It is located near the long-distance bus station and train station on Beijing Lu. One night rooms are available for only 80 rmb/night.

Kunming's Diversity
By SHIJIE | 4/20/2006 3:13:41 AM

Since my arrival in Kunming I've had the pleasure of meeting Chinese Nationals from every corner of China, and expats from many countries. Kunming maintains a great diversity among its residents, including large communities of Italian, French, British, and American. It's a great place to relax in the year-round spring-like climate, work a little, and study/practice many languages. Also, if you decide to study a new language there are many schools to choose from, though Summit Foreign Language School http://www.summitkm.com is among the best, and offers programs in nine languages.

Foreign Food
By KYLE | 4/14/2006 5:34:22 AM

As most Guesthouses in Kunming are in the center of the city some tourists might miss the popular Foreigner Street.
More widely known as Wen ling jie
has food from all over the world. Mexican, Italian, Thai, French, Japanese, oh right, and Chinese dishes can be prepared at reasonable prices all on the same street.

spring
By SWISSANDY | 3/6/2006 2:57:31 AM

i living in kunming now for 6 monats. And i think its one of the best city to live, not just for transit!!! it have many beautifull parks. the waether is just fantastic. And for a city in china is it verry clean there.Its nice to go out in the night the biggest Disco is the Cobra (bailonglu)and Kundu is graet to. The problem is the traffic...Enyoi the spring

Hekou - Kunming Bus
By KYLE | 1/9/2006 3:25:11 AM

Coming to Kunming from Hanoi?
Any travel is difficult in China if you dont really have a little bit of the language down so make sure you study. There are a few buses from Hekou. 9:30, 12:30, and some time after 6:00.
You dont want to get stuck in boaring Hekou, so make sure you time it right. Buses going to Hekou from Kunming leave at night, 7:30 arriving early morning.

Where to party in Kunming area
By TREY | 1/6/2006 4:14:26 AM

When Partying in Kunming, go to the hump area. For a mellow but cool cultural experience go north to Dali for a couple of days and go to the Bird Bar or pop south for a day and go to Cafe Fin Du Monde in Yuxi. You will not only people watch at these places but meet and chat with the people you are watching.

Tips 1-8 of 16 Page 1 of 2 < Previous Next > Page:
Write Your Travel Tip